Chapter 32: Without A Trace

*Very important author's note at the end*

Andromeda:

I've decided, after staying three weeks in this damn hospital, that I hate doctors. I mean, they're not as terrifying as a dentist, but I couldn't really bash them because I don't have anything to really hold against them with having memory lose. The doctor I had been paired up with, who is basically a therpist, is meant to follow me around everywhere I went. I was told I would have to do therapy with my brain; doing stuff like memory games that are meant for people over the age of seventy-five.

There is this one game though, that I saw on a movie I played on Netlfix the other day, where it's about monkeys and they sciencitists are training them as well, making them tower metal rings on top of each other. The other thing they had me doing was journaling, writing down how I felt, or sketching down what I remembered. After a while, it becomes annoying, doing the same thing every day for two hours at a time.

I felt useless. I felt a big, empty hole in my heart where something was supposed to be, but instead it's just a void of nothingness. And, so, I became deppressed and started loosing interest in things around me. When I drew, it was just a straight line, and when I painted, it was just a circle of whatever color I had been using at the time. Because, for me, there was nothing. I didn't even know if I had a family, a boyfriend, or friends.

I just didn't know. I'm just stuck, left to rattle my brain to figure out the clues; to try and answer the questions that had no answer. In some sense of the term, I'm alone. You could make friends here at the hospital, but they leave right after their healed, and are to never returned unless injured or dying or visiting a relative. I could have no friends, no family, no boyfriend and for some reason, some part of me was okay with that.

And that's the short verison of how I ended up sitting in front of a fairly large TV, sitting on the couch, surrounded by some of the people I knew from group. I had no idea why Dr. Fitts had dragged me out of bed to watch some stupid movie, but now that I was out here, I had no other choice but to stuck it up and watch - especially with her standing behind me.

"What are we watching?" I ask, the question not really directed to anyone in paticular. A girl to my left, sitting cross legged on the floor squeals, clapping her hands together rapidly.

"One of my favorites! The Vow!" She screeches at the top of her lungs, her browing hair flying in front of her face as she shook her side to side happily.

I groan internally at her enthusiasum, turning my attention back to the TV screen, watching as the middle age woman beside my click 'play' using the universal remote.

"What's it about?" I ask, not turning my head, but I knew the chipper burnnette understood I was talking to her when she sighs dramatically.

"Oh, just one of the greatest movies of all time." She says, her head in the clouds.

"Because that totally answers my question...," I mumble, rolling my eyes at her. Beside me, the lady in control of the TV at the moment lets out a loose chuckle.

Glancing over at her, I ask, "What?"

She shakes her head. "You."

"Me?" I question, absolutely confused.

"Yes you. You're different." She states, smiling.

"I have amnesia." I point out bitterly.

"Like I said, different. But in a good way. You're not exactly like the rest." She tells me, and I raise a brow.

"Like the rest? What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

She shrugs. "Whatever you want it too mean. It could mean that Amelia over there is just way happy for my taste about staying here in the hospital, and you seem like the only sane person here."

"Well, I can agree with you on one of those things. But the other? Not so much. I'm far from normal." I explain, facing her.

She laughs again. "I thought you just said you had amneisa? How can you be normal, if you don't even know who you are?"

This time I shrug, thinking it over before saying, "I'm learning. I guess you could I left without a trace."

"Hmm...," she hums quietly, "Sounds like a load of bull to me."

"Probably is." I say, and I could see her trying her hardest not to laugh, but then I see her shoulders shaking slightly and I knew she was. "But I'm more..."

"More of what dear?"

"I'm more lost and found. Yeah, I'm lost and found."

THE END.

-----

Hello, everyone. I thought this book needing more of an.... ending that suited the book. And that even though Andromeda has no memory of who she was, or what her life used to be like before, maybe she just doesn't need to know. Because throughout the entire book you read about her wanting to have a normal a life.

Now she has one. She has that normal that she's wanted so very much since she was starting to talk. At this point, why would she want all of those horrible childhood memories? I sure wouldn't.

What about Andrew? What's happened to him? Well, I really don't have an answer to this one if you were ever thinking of it. Andromeda doesn't really need a man to be happy, even though she loved him, she doesn't really need him like she needs air. He'll always be there in her heart, and maybe at some point in her future she'll remember what truly went on in her life.

But right now, she only needs herself. She NEEDS to find herself before she can love some else. Through the book, I tried to show her as a giver. Someone who puts others first before themselves. And I really hope I got that point across to you all.

I can make no promises if there will ever be a sequel because I just can't find the inspiration to write one. I feel as if this is more of an epilogue then it is a chapter.

And, as for you my lovely readers who have supported me through this journey, the real ending is up to you. It's how you see it. It can either be happy or sad.

So, as one final question I have for you all, what will you choose? Will you choose to see this as a new beginning for Andromeda or sad ending?

xoxo~Alexa