Chapter 17: Not Like The Movies

Andromeda:

Why?

Why did this happen? Why couldn't he be a good guy?

Connor Stoll, the one who played with my feelings. The one who took advantage of the confused, new girl. The one who was a complete douche. The one who was going to end up with a broken arm. The tears had stopped, the sadness had worn away, and, the only thing left was an embarrassed,ashamed, anxiety filled, Andromeda Jackson.

Stupid,stupid,stupid. The only words to flow through my mind. And the words weren't even directed at him, they were to me.

I was currently lying on my mother's couch, in her shared apartment with my/semi stepfather Paul. My headphones were in, the music up all the way, and I no longer cared what so ever about my surroundings at the moment. The same place where I had slept on for the last two weeks and one month. No I hadn't cried over and himthat long, that lasted for a week. Well- it wasn't really overhim, it was more over the fact he had kissedme and then not even a day later I see him kissing someone else. You can't just play with a girl's feelings like that, making her feel completely, and utterly useless.

I had stayed here for the last month and two weeks because, I was, both avoiding seeing him, and, I didn't really feel at home at : Camp Half Blood. It was stupid of me to believe anyone would ever actually like me. Or even kiss me for that matter. To make me feel special, treat me right, or, even take care of me. I know all of this sounds to cliché, but I always wondered what it would be like to wear that special someone's T-shirt, to wear it, keep it. Or even to feel them wrap their arms around my waist from behind. Surprise me with morning kisses, push me against a wall and kiss me like they won't ever see me again. Shut me up by kissing me gently, yet, passionately, on the lips when I'm ranting. Tell me I'm beautiful when I say I'm not, to look at me when my head is turned the other way. To think of me when I'm not even there, and smile. But I knew all of this was just a fantasy, a dream. It would all end anyway if it did happen, he would break up with me, and leave me heart broken.

All I wanted was someone to actually care. To be sweet. To be kind. To treat me right. To look at me, and think : She's the one. But this wasn't movies, this wasn't a book. And I couldn't have a relationship anyways. Not in a life like this, not like how everyone else could. To go about their time and not care about getting eaten alive by a hellhound.

Normal. That's all I ask for. Nothing less, and nothing more.

School was over, well for now, and all I had been doing for my first month of summer break was cry over a guy, help my mom bake, and, sleep. It was either those three things or like eat and watch Netflix. Sally's apartment had three rooms, hers and Paul's, then Percy's and then the guest room. I had proclaimed the guest room as my very own little cave since it wasn't that big, and the view was fantastic. Well the view consisted of the fire escape, a bird's nest and some other apartment building across the street. It may not be glamorous, but it was way better then having to look out my old window and see pervy Steve watching me from his apartment, through binoculars.

The couch in the living room was just another place for me to sleep on, and eat peanut butter fudge ice-cream from the carton, while watching : The 100, on Netflix. Clarke, by the way, is like my favorite out of the inter show. That and because I can also feel for her. She got screwed over, literally, from some guy who didn't even say he had a girlfriend. I mean, I Raven is okay, and so is Finn. It's just he really could've mentioned Raven. But whatever, I still think the whole show is amazing.