01 The visit

I was visiting my Brother in the Arkhams asylum. It hurts to see him here but i had no choice but to leave him here in this unsettling facility. When we were younger my brother used to be so brisk and eager to become someone better someday. He always saw the good things in life then that glistening enchanted behavior of his suddenly changed. At first my brother became more quite and his brisk lifestyle reduced little by little. within the following months he couldn't put up with his depression. He uttered gruffly and his room became more slap dashed. It had the semblance he gave up in life. His condition got worse and a therapist diagnosed him.

He was suffering from schizophrenia and for a short amount of time he seemed to make a good progress but now after time it only got worse. I used to visit him once every month but since he lashed out more often i wanted to give him more comfort by spending more time with him. A worker greeted me and brought me to the room he lives in.

He wears a a straight jacket and the guard was in the corner of the room to make sure nothing could possibly happen to me or my brother. I feigned a smile while glancing at him

"How are you?"

He was rocking back and forth on his chair with a blank stare at the table between us. It felt so strange to see him that quite. Just a few visits before he was talktive and just a bit confused however seeing him in that condition made me worried.

We sat there in silence for a while until he decided to open his mouth to answer blunted and curt.

"Bad. They want me. they scream for me"

"They? Who are they?"

"The voices" The guard said amused. Is it so hilarious to see my brother so confused? What an unprofessional behavior for a worker at an asylum. It might just be a facetious gesture for him but the jest was just presumptuous. Luckily after this visit the only thing that kept me here was an Appointment with the director to talk about my brothers files and progress during his treatments without this jerk of a guard.

The eyes of my brother scared me. They show no sign of the glistening he used to have. Now they show no sign of life in them. They kind of intimidated me to look at. I let out a sigh and tried to chitchat about our family and how they are doing. The time ended and after getting out of my brothers cell a man greeted me with a smile.

"Are you Y/N L/N?" The man had hazelnut hair and sky blue eyes. They really contrasted to the rest of his face which made them leap out more. He was just a little bit taller than myself.

"Yes and you are?"

"Oh pardon me, i am Doctor Crane. I am the new director of the asylum."

His facial expression of a welcoming gaze and smile didn't change at all during his introduction. It was not a creepy smile but the other way around. His appearance was quite charming to me which left me flustered.

"Please follow me if you don't mind."

I nodded and followed him to his office. He smelled so good and his suit made him look more devoted to his job as a director. Dr. Crane grabbed his keys out of his pocket with his pale slim hand and opened the office to let me in.

"Please sit down"

I followed his words and took place in the chair facing his. He reached to a shelf with many files to grab one. They were all assorted in alphabetical order. He then placed the file on the table, sat down and with his finger he adjusted his glasses. He looks really good with them, i have to admit. I frantically fumbled my fingers in my lap while listening to his words. Doctor Crane told me how the sanity of my brother started to decrease significantly to a level where he was worried about. his misgivings shuddered me.

"Is there nothing we can do? Why is he mentally amiss all of a sudden?" I pleaded him to help my brother as best as he could possibly do.

"We are currently working on a new therapy method to bring him back to his old condition. It will take time though. Im afraid we don't recommend you visiting in that time. Your brother will need to fully concentrate on the program otherwise the treatment will be insufficient,at least makeshift."

I felt a certain misgiving listening to his bitter words. I nodded as a sign of acquiescence because it was the best for him i inferred. I kept looking at Dr Crane as he turned through the pages of the file. His appearance gave such an devoted aura as if he was zeal about the human mind, I figured. The body language of his made me gain hope to see Involvement in my brothers behavior. Maybe because he is new to the Asylum he will make a difference. It hurts to know the sanity of my brother slowly resolutes and it seemed semblance there was nothing i could do to give him any comfort but trusting Dr Crane.

" If that makes him get better soon. Thank you Doctor"

After our talk i got out of the intimidating Asylum.