268

Team AMDG @TeamAMDG

Eyes are dry at the last goodbye.

The Ateneo Blue Eagles are now at the Church of the Gesù for the thanksgiving mass and for the seniors' speeches. #OBF

💬 2K  🔁 6K ♡ 9K

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

HAPPENING NOW: The Thanksgiving Mass held to recognize the efforts of the UAAP Ateneo Men's Basketball Team begins at 11:50 PM. The attendees are composed of both members and non-members of the Ateneo community.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

The Thanksgiving Mass has ended. To cap it off, the attendees sing "A Song for Mary," the Alma Mater song of the Ateneo.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

The celebration continues with the delivery of speeches by chosen members of the Ateneo Men's Basketball team. Team Captain Jess Vargas is first called to the podium.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Vargas gives his thanks to the team, the coaches, and his family members including older brother Jem Vargas. "I got you another championship, Kuya. I played well. And I hope I made you proud."

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Vargas gives his good luck messages to next year's seniors who will lead the team and continue on the legacy. Vargas: After leading for 3 years, I hand it off to you. Remember to respect and love each other...on and off the court.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Vargas: To Top and Ivan, who have been with me since the beginning of my UAAP career until its end...I will shoot hoops with you both in any team and in any country...or kahit tayong tatlo lang. Hindi natin 'to huli.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Vargas: To my girlfriend, Dein Yrreverre, thank you for being my cheerleader from day 1 and every second since. I love you forever.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Vargas: Thank you, Ateneo. I will forever bleed blue.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Next to take the podium is Top Piencenaves who also made his last appearance as a UAAP player earlier today. He also begins by thanking his family, the team, and coaches for being an integral part of his basketball journey.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Piencenaves: Ayoko pang mag-apply sa Ateneo no'n kasi puro nag-E-English naririnig ko. Tumalikod ako at umuwi. Pero na-recruit ako.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Piencenaves: Kay Ivan at Vargas, from being scrawny high schoolers na walang alam sa big league to now ending our UAAP journeys together...you made me better. Salamat.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Emotional, Piencenaves continues: Isang karangalan ang maglaro kasama kayo. Inuutusan ko kayo na hindi pa ito ang huling beses mag-shoot tayo ng hoops.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Piencenaves: Sa pinakamamahal kong si Anj, salamat. Salamat, salamat, salamat. I played my best when I knew you were supporting me. Thank you at mahal na mahal kita.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Maraming maraming salamat, Ateneo. Ang sarap maging Atenista.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Last called is Ivan Yape, who bagged the most Player of the Game awards this season. He starts off his speech by thanking his family, then the bond of brotherhood BEBOB and Coach Tab has cultivated and how he's grateful to be part of it.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Yape: We gave Ateneo our last and biggest fight...because the school and community deserve it. We deserve it.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Yape: I try my best to keep calm sa court. Play and just be. So to Vargas and Top, my brothers, thank you for your trust and thank you for allowing a kid who didn't talk much to play with you back in high school.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Yape: It has been my honor to shoot hoops with you both before, during, and after the UAAP. And yes, there is an after.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Yape: To Margo, I'll keep it short: thank you and I love you. Palagi.

The GUIDON Sports @TheGUIDONSports

Yape: Salamat, Ateneo. We'll always be Blue Eagles.