Prologue: 'In A Wait'

'I would stay here,
Embellishing every tear,
In a wait.'

'There are no tears, Maa

'There are no tears, Maa. But– I don't see him'

Darkness engulfed him. His closed eyes impeded the light; concealing his tears from his mother. And his shivering little finger held her arms.

His mother's legs trembled with every mewl left from his quivering lips. Each drop burned her skin.

'I can feel them.'

Mist again shrouded the little boy's eyes, little due to the incursion of light and little due to pain. The shaky breath of his mother touched his skin, curling his toes, and chilling his torso. Losing the grip of his fingers, his cold finger caressed her face. Both looked at the vague image of each other.

Their eyes were cold, deserted, and yet wet like a shore of the sea. Left isolated in a wait to be touched.

A wait to feel the warmth of his smile.

A wait for his touch.

'You told me that tāta would return when my eyes would no longer have tears. I wouldn't cry, ask him to come.'

Not having the forbearance to look into eyes she swivelled hers. They were replenished with tears yet empty in a wait as his gleaming one. Wrapping her icy arms around him she gently brought his finger to her lips. Letting her kiss linger for long. And with another hand, she brushed his tears.

In the background she murmured a soft melody, running her finger in the circler on his back. A gentle gust of wind lugged it around, taking the surroundings into her wings. Cackling surrounding into the chaos of anxious silence.

He lost his grasp, and slowly his erratic breath resembled the gentle symphony of her tune. Sloping his face on her bosom losing restraint over his body he fell into a deep slumber.

'I wish it was easy but he has been held as a prisoner. Like you couldn't control your tears, at the moment no one can stop torments on your father. Except for Prince. But we are just pawns used by them for war and peace. And maybe in this peace, the price would be your father.'

Tāta: Father

Tāta: Father

Here starts a journey. Rewritten, Redevloped with new characters.