118

Betrayal.

Betrayal was something Elena believed was unforgivable. Of course, some cases could be forgivable, but one that hurts you, hurts people in your surrounding. That is a sin that Elena Aizawa cannot forgive.

Why?

Because she has been betrayed countless times in her life.

__________

"Do you want to come with me and Hitoshi to the carnival tomorrow?" The younger Elena asked. Being in her first year of Junior High, Elena had already known Hitoshi for years, of course. But now she realized that she needed to make a few more friends.

She spoke to the boy, her eyes lit up. "Y-yeah...sure..." He said doubtfully. "Okay! Do you want to bring your friends with you?" Elena asked, looking at the girls, and boys standing off to the side, looking at Elena and Hitoshi with slight disgust. But this, Elena was blind to.

"I'll make sure to ask them during break!" He said as the teacher entered the room. Elena smiled and nodded as Hitoshi sat down beside her. "So, about the carnival..."

___

Later in the day, Elena stood outside of school. Hitoshi had to go home quickly to change, but Elena had decided not to. Simply because she didn't want to face her father, so she waited for her friends at the gate, still in uniform.

She whistled a tune as she smiled to herself, looking at the pretty cherry blossom trees that covered the grounds, the pretty petals landing here and there as the sun landed on her skin. Elena heard footsteps behind her, only to turn around with a smile. "So- Hitoshi-" Elena began, only to be picked up by two boys, way taller than her. "Huh? Is this some funny game, perhaps?" She asked, laughing as they brought her back into the shadows.

Putting her down, 3 boys and 3 girls surrounded her, looking at her in disgust. "You're so pathetic! Really think we want to be friends with you?" One girl said, laughing. Elena's eyes widened when one of the boys closed in on her. They sent a punch at her face, sending Elena to the ground.

"H-hey!" Elena said, her eyes watering as she looked up at them. Her heart beat in her throat as she looked at them. "You're so pathetic! Coming to ask to go to the carnival? What are you? 2 years old!?" One guy said. Elena looked at them, only for one of the girls to approach her on the ground, beginning to kick her. "Stop! Please!" Elena cried out as they all began kicking her, sending punches at her.

Elena hid her face, only to grit her teeth as tears ran down her cheeks. "Please! Stop!" She yelled, only to send out a shockwave around her, like a shield as they all flew back.

The girls hit the wall, only to begin crying. The boys got up and pointed at her. "You're such a freak! Just because you have multiple quirks doesn't make you any better than us! Come on! Let's tell the principal!" The boys said as they helped the girls up. Elena cried and cried. She looked off to a distance, only to see a particular, innocent girl. She had glasses, messy hair and held books in her hands. She gave Elena a mere look before she turned to walk away.

Elena coughed as she held her stomach. She got up and walked towards the gate to go away, only to be stopped by a yell. "Elena, Yuuji! Come here this instant! The principal wishes to speak to you!" A teacher yelled, the six other children standing behind him, only crying. "But-" Elena began, only for the teacher to yell. "Now!"

___________

Elena stood in front of the principal, the six other children on the other side. "She beat us up, and used her quirk on us! All we wanted was to go to the carnival with her! And she thought we were just messing with her so she got violent with us. And used her quirk!" A boy cried, holding his cheek.