Chapter 2

Of course, the two boys had to be very patient as they had to wait a few days until they were able to go on their little date.

But since they knew each other's feelings they started to get more flirter and closer with each other as a means to pass time and also for the need to see their faces go scorching hot red at even the slightest touch or words like when walking Sodapop would wrap his arm around Johnny's shoulder bringing the boy closer to him or how when he would ruffle Johnny's hair he would keep his hand in Johnny's soft greasy pitch black hair, lightly pulling the Cade boy closer to him, or how both of the boys complement each other in two shakes of a lamb's tail or how sometimes the boys would flirtingly tease each other, the list could go on and on about how these two boys tried to find new and different ways to make the others face bright red!

And when Friday hit Soda could feel eager about his date as he just had to get through this whole day and then he would be able to see his Johnnycakes.

His excitement for his date was a lot more which he hadn't noticed until Darry, his older brother, jokingly pointed out during breakfast "You been getting up pretty early than usual Pepis, seems like ma doesn't need to wake you up anymore" the younger brother could feel his cheeks redden at the realization, the fact his little date has been keeping him up to the point when each new day started he would wake up just before his ma would call him, all he could do is awkwardly laughing it off.

Finishing his breakfast fastly, he quickly said his goodbyes to his family before he left the house.

As he made it down the porch steps, he looked up at his tennis shoes, freezing in his steps at the view in his front garden. Where usually Steve stood, playing with the fence waiting for him so they could walk to school was now replaced with his little boyfriend, Johnny, who now just noticed the blondie standing right in front of his house, the dark-skinned boy gave him a soft smile which Soda returned with a grin forming on his face as he walked closer to the metal fence.

"Hey" Soda softly said, "Hey" Johnny copied, Sodapop stared at his boy's beautiful dark eyes before realizing something very clear, "Where's Steve?" he asked, looking at both sides of the street trying to see if he could get a glance of his best buddy if he was anywhere near there "Oh I'm pretty sure he's already at school with the others," Johnny let go off the fence to let Soda pass through it as they started their walk to school Johnny continued "I'm not really sure though, I just know that Two-bit is probably with him right now", "Well that's a bit of a bummer, but I'm really glad that I'm able to see you right now" Sodapop muttered wrapping his arm around Johnny's shoulder, both the words and touch of Sodapop caused Johnny's face to turn an adorable pink.

As they made their way to the school almost there Johnny remembered two very important things that he must say, "Oh I almost forgot! I'm staying at Matthews today and tomorrow so pick me at his, also when are you picking me up?" Trying to remember what time he had chosen he played with Johnny's curls, "Well I don't have a car yet so we gotta walk there so around and Steve wants to hang out with me so 6. Maybe 7? Somewhere around there" Johnny nodded at his answer and quickly smirked at the feeling of Soda's gentle fingertips playing with his dark locks.

The Cade and Curtis boy closely and cozily walked together sharing stories as to pass time with Soda playfully twirling and tugging at the Cade boy's soft hair.

Sadly Soda had to let go of Johnny when they were closely near their school, having to let go of his boy as to not have rumors spread about them but before doing so he slid his hand down from Johnny's hair down to his shoulder giving it a tight squeeze before fully letting go of his shoulder as they entered their school.

They still walked closely but kept some distance from each other.

As they walked to their shared first-period class, they walked somewhat closely but the distance was still there in between them but still close enough for their fingertips to touch and close enough for them to hold each other's hands.

Entering the chaotic room with the students hollering at each other and the teacher sitting at her desk doing some paperwork while ignoring all of the havoc that was happening in her room. The two lovers took their seats getting their supplies out for the lesson, "Oh hey I forgot to mention this to you but you look very stunning today" Johnny whispered to Soda as he leaned down to his bag grabbing out a pencil, "Thanks" Soda murmured, he leaned on the side of his palm of his hand as to cover up his now flushed cheek.

Throughout the whole school day the two lovers would sneak glances at each other, now and then making eye contact by accident causing the two boys' faces to become equally red, or so quietly whispering sweet words to each other like it was a competition of who can make the other blush the hardest or maybe how they would try to get the other's attention.

The school day ended pretty fast just like valentine's day, mostly due to the fact of both of their eagerness for the weekends to come already and how their hearts would start beating faster and faster at any moment at which they thought about how their date is going to happen "it's actually happening" they both would think causing themselves to smile brightly at the idea of how it's gonna go.

And with school almost being over, and with Sodapop impatiently tapping his foot on the floor with him secretly watching the time on the clock tick and tick rather than doing his schoolwork. And when the clock finally hit 2:30, he almost jumped out of his seat due to the excitement that was pursuing through his veins. He was quite glad he only moved his chair closer to his seat which saved him from embarrassment.

After Ms.Carter dismissed her last class of the day, Sodapop basically dragged Steve out of the classroom to not spend one more second in that room.

Shoving their way out of the extremely stuffed halls. The pair could feel the wind of coldness and relief hit their faces when they ran out of the big corridors of their school.

The two quickly spotted their friends outside who were talking and waiting for the two buddies, "Hey Hey!" Sodapop hollered over to his friends as the two ran over to them, Soda could feel his cheek redden with excitement and nervousness flowing through his body as he stopped running, stopping right next to his boy, "Hi Soda" Johnny peeped out giving Soda a small wave before Two-bit roughly pulled the younger boy to him by wrapping his arm around his shoulder, "Come on let's get going now" Two-bit impatiently stated, the group nodded and started to walk away from their school.

As they walked down the street, Sodapop would tried and talk to Johnny but would always get interrupted by Two-bit which caused jealousy to stir in him, he knew that Two-bit and Johnny's relationship was nothing but platonic and maybe even brotherly so he didn't understand why he was jealous at the two, so he just chose that he was jealous of that Two-bit was taking most of Johnny's attention which Sodapop wanted.

Like always the boys had said their goodbyes as they went their separate ways, and like always when the last boy was left Sodapop started to rush home.

When he reached his house's porch steps, he could feel himself getting out of breath, he grabbed onto the railing taking a few deep breaths letting himself finally breathe. Finally getting a breath of fresh air, he let go of the railing and entered the house.

Throughout the whole evening, Sodapop would try and see if there was anything that he could do just to pass the time like trying to help his younger brother with his homework or helping his ma with the housework, or just running around the house only to get stopped by Darry.

"Geez Soda, will ya calm down, please? You might get hurt" Darry grabbed his brother's shoulder stopping him from running around the living room table, "No, why?" Sodapop pushed Darry's hand off his shoulder, about to run around the table again but Darry stopped him. "Look Soda if you got nothing to do, go tell Pony that dinner is almost ready" Sodapop nodded, pushing Darry off of him and heading towards his shared room to tell Ponyboy that dinner is almost ready.

After dinner Sodapop quickly got ready for bed. Getting settled into the bed, smiling widely and brightly at the thought of tomorrow.