Chapter 19

*Quick warning*

Things are going to get a bit mature from this chapter onward. Nothing crazy yet but in the future, it could be. If you aren't okay with mature topics please don't read further.

—————————————————————————

I'm stuck in nothing but darkness, no matter where I go or look it's endless. I've walked a straight path for who knows how long, and still nothing.

"Am I dead?"

I stop walking and just stand still.

"Am I stuck here forever, in this endless darkness... alone?"

"I at least hope Serena is okay."

As my mind starts to shift to Serena I hear something. I look around to find it but I see nothing, as I keep looking my shoulder suddenly becomes heavy.

"Pikaaa!"

My eyes widen as I see a yellow furry creature, I bring him into a hug and start to cry.

"I missed you so much buddy, it's so hard without you. I've felt so alone for all these years."

"Pika pika!"

Pikachu signals me to raise my head,

"Charizard..., Greninja..., Sceptile..., Lucario..., Everyone!"

In front of me, I see all of my Pokémon from every region. I bring all of them into a hug while tearing up. As we finish the hug, a small white light appears. All of my Pokémon signal me to follow, and we make our way to it.

As we reach the light all my Pokémon stop, and I understand why.

"I'm guessing you can't come with me, huh?" I say trying my best to not break down.

They all come around me and hug me, for one last time.

"I love all of you! Thank you for being a part of my life."

They all turn into energy and make their way to me. I feel the power of every single one of my Pokémon... no, my best friends.

"With your strength, I will avenge all of you."

I make my way to the light,

things will change now.

—————————————————————————

I feel myself gain consciousness, and start to feel my body. I squeeze my hand to make sure I have control, but when I do I feel something soft.

"What is this?"

I squeeze it again, this time hearing a moan which causes my eyes to shoot straight open. A sight I did not expect in a hundred years was in front of me. Serena laying down on me n...n..naked. I start to freak out which causes Serena to wake up. She slowly opens her eyes and begins to focus on me.

"Ash? You are awake?"

She gets up from her laying position and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm so happy you are okay! I was so worried about you!"

My face goes full red, I don't think she realizes the situation. She pulls back from the hug and looks at me, after seeing my face she realizes now. She quickly goes under the covers and explains herself nervously.

"Ash... this isn't what you think it is, p..please don't misunderstand. I'm like this because it was the only way to heal you."

My body reacts on its own and hugs her.

"Thank you."

Nurse Joy rushes in after hearing noise. She sees the very cute scene and gives off a little smile.

"I'm so glad you are okay Ash, we were all worried for you. Also, Serena really worked hard, you should be thankful for her."

I give another little smile to Serena.

"I'll have to do another check-up, Serena has healed you for 2 days now. I want to make sure there is nothing to worry about. Serena, you can take a break now if you'd like."

Nurse Joy walks out to let Serena change. As she left my eyes meet Serena causing both of us to be embarrassed. I close my eyes and face away to let her change.

She quickly puts on her hospital gown and heads for the door.

"I.. I'll see you in a little Ash, I'm going to go eat something."

I open my eyes and reply with, "O...ok ill see you."

As Serena makes her way out Nurse Joy comes in and gets ready to continue the check-up.

Everything looked normal, but when she checked the X-ray, she saw something. There was still a little part that needed some healing.

"Hm, looks like Serena will have to endure this a little more. I'll have to wait for her to come back."

—————————————————————————

After a bit of time, Serena finally came back and sat next to Ash, both waiting for Nurse Joy's news. Ash has been feeling really funny the past hour. Just thinking about Serena and her being "bare" made his face feel warm. Even he couldn't deny at this point that Serena was special to him. Something about her just awakens something inside him. The strange feeling inside gets stronger by the day. The only problem is he saw how Giovanni being his father affected her, he doesn't want anyone else holding his burdens.

Nurse Joy walks in and sits in a chair in front of them.

"So I have good news and bad news. The good news is that all the major injuries you had are pretty much healed. The bad news is that you aren't completely healed just yet. So I hope you two can endure a little more to make sure nothing goes wrong."

Serena and Ash get nervous because know that they can't deny doing it. Ash needs to be back at 100% so he can face off against his father. Nurse Joy leaves and closes the door again, leaving the two alone in the room.

"P...please close your eyes for now Ash. It's really embarrassing."

Ash listens and looks away, he feels Serena slowly get on the bed with him. She rests her body on top of his which causes him to once again freak out mentally. He tried his absolute best to not show anything but as time slowly passed he started failing. Serena eventually felt how uneasy and nervous Ash was feeling, both of them are new to this sort of thing.

Not thinking straight from being nervous, Serena tries to comfort him.

"A..Ash I know this is embarrassing, but I want you to know... part of me is okay with this because it's you."

As hard as Ash tried he couldn't stop the feelings that was taking over his head. He doesn't know what to do all these feelings are new. Serena on the other hand just realized what she said and blushes to no end.

"What did I just say? What is going on in my head!" Serena screamed mentally.

Things were only getting worse from there, as both of them were trying to get themselves together.

Serena...

Feels...

Something...

—————————————————————————

First off I want to say Happy New Year to everyone reading. I hope everything goes amazing for you all in 2023.

Also, I have a few questions.

What do you think about Ash facing these new feelings?

How do you think Serena will deal with Giovanni being Ash's father?

Is Ash strong enough for his revenge?

What do you think about Ash and Serena's relationship so far?

Please let me know in the comments what you all think.

Also, leave a vote if you enjoyed the new chapter.

Thank you for reading!