𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆

"𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐦 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐟𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐭"

𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆
----
𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭i𝐨𝐧
(𝗯𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗺𝗺𝗼𝘀𝗹𝘂𝘃𝗿)

𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐕𝐈𝐀 𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄 was a hopeless romantic.

i mean, look at her last name, obviously she was going to be obsessed with love. all she had done in her young life was read romance novels, watch romcoms, read poetry, and listen to love songs on repeat.  alyvia had an unrealistic expectation for love, and she was aware of that. there was a reason it's called a hopeless romantic. she didn't want to admit where that hope came from, but there was always a sneaking suspicion that it was because she had never seen true love. she swore that she would never end up like her parents. that she would love freely and unconditionally, not forcing herself to stay in an unhappy marriage 'for the kids'. that instead of screaming fights, her life would be filled with sweet nothings.

it had been her freshman year of high school when alyvia first met chris. well, met is a bit of an exaggeration, he asked her for pencil. that was all it took, a few words and alyvia couldn't stop thinking about him. her friends would often joke that she was in love with him, which she wasn't. it wasn't possible that alyvia could be in love with chris because she didn't know him. she definitely had a crush on him, but to be in love?? the girl took feelings like that very seriously. she might have been in love with the idea of chris, an attractive popular lacrosse player. alyvia probably would be in love with him if she knew his personality at all, but the girl simply didn't know chris...yet.

𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐎 was absolutely clueless.

not saying that he was stupid, no more just emotionally clueless. he didn't often think of love, he didn't watch romcoms, or read romance books, he listened to mostly rap and whatever his brother forced him to, and he thought that poetry was stupid. being in love or in a relationship was definitely the last thing on chris' mind. he had never overthought it, he held the opinion that love was simple. chris had never been shown otherwise, he didn't lay awake at night thinking about his love life. love was just something that happened, it wasn't the incredible thing that most made it out to be. chris was not a hopeless romantic, until her.

chris was clueless because he was somehow completely unaware of alyvia valentines crush on him. honestly, he thought that the girl hated him. whenever he had tried to talk to her, she would just mumble something or respond silently. and when she walked into their shared class and saw that her new seat was right next to him, alyvia looked absolutely terrified. if chris wasn't clueless about her crush on him, then he would finally realize his crush on her. how he asked her for that pencil freshman year because he wanted to talk to her, and how he has continued asking her and only her for a pencil ever since. he would notice how his heart beat got faster whenever she was near.

but chris was clueless, and alyvia was a very shy hopeless romantic. so fate would have it that maybe they were never meant to talk. until their least favorite teacher finally did something meaningful, and sat them next to eachother.