twenty two

SEPTEMBER//A YEAR AGO

~MAGGIE~

"Okay I've got brown, black, or crazy" I said as I burst through the door.

"Woah slow your roll Mags, we have three hours until the ceremony you didn't need to rush like that!" Niall replied as I bent over putting my hands on my knees and overdramatically gasping for air.

"I'm your best man! You had a crisis and I needed to fix it ASAP!" I said smacking the three pairs of socks I was holding down onto the bed.

"Maggie I forgot socks, it wasn't the end of the world," he said as he moved to pick up the colored socks with little beach balls, umbrellas, pails, and shovels on them.

I knew he'd pick those. He was getting married on the beach and he was a sucker for socks with weird objects on them.

He's too predictable.

"But thank you," he said, wrapping his arms around me in my favorite brotherly bear hug.

"You're very welcome," I replied, pulling away from him as I realized he had changed into his tux while I was gone.

"Niall you look," my eyes began to water, "you look like a groom."

His eyebrows scrunched together, "Is that a compliment? It doesn't feel like a compliment."

"Of course it is," I pushed him away from me to really get a good look, "You look amazing I... I can't believe this is really happening".

I felt a tear fall onto my cheek but before it could travel down my face Niall was wiping it away. "Your makeup's already done save the crying for after pictures" he almost whispered. "I love you Mags, I hope you know that."

"Did you seriously just tell me not to cry and then say that, come on Niall what do you want from me?" I laughed.

"I'm serious though Maggie I don't tell you enough how much you mean to me and I just want you to know that me getting married could never ever change that. You're my best friend," he stated so matter of factly it felt like he was starting a movie monologue.

I sighed, "Niall of course I know that, you do and will always mean the whole world to me, the brother I never had, I know nothing could ever take that away."

I also knew why he was reminding me how loved I am. He knew how I got and that I was probably feeling jealous of him and Brooklyn's relationship. He knew that I wanted love like that. I wanted my fantastical beach wedding moment.

But that day was not about me.

"Alright Mr. Horan, first look is in 20 minutes, I'm gonna go get my dress on and grab my camera so that I can get different angles in case you don't like what the photographer does," I said, turning towards the door and breaking our nice moment.