Rowan - "Scaredy-cat~"

Requested!

——— ✮ ———

You didn't want to admit it. But you're scared of thunder. almost deathly afraid. So here you were, curled up in a ball unable to fall asleep.

As soon as the thunder hit the ground you shot up and ran out of your dorm with your blanket wrapped around your shoulders. You didn't have to worry to much because you were the only person in the room. 

You didn't know what you were doing all you knew was need someone. You didn't know who yet but... just someone.

After thinking a bit the only person who came to mind was Rowan. Rowan was your best friend. And honestly your crush as well. 

You were hoping that nobody would hear you, but you bet they did. You were running as if you were being chased by a serial killer.

Arriving at his door you didn't even bother to knock, you just barged in hoping you wouldn't wake Xavier up as well. Lucky you, he sleeps like a rock. so you were fine. after shutting the door you tiptoed over to the side of Rowan's bed and crouched to look at him. To be honest... his sleeping face was really cute.

 He was sleeping on his stomach with his arms under the pillow to support him, his cheeks being squished due to the position. "Rowan." You lightly tapped his arm, "Rowan please wake up..."

He jolted awake after a few more pokes to his cheek, "huh? (your name)... what are you doing here. it's..." he looked over at the clock near his bed, "2am... is something wrong?"

You just sat there silently as he slowly sat up to face you, "i-uhm... this is kinda embarrassing but i'm... afraid of thunder... and if you didn't notice a thunderstorm is happening outside" you whispered to him, standing up.

You went sure how he would react, but you had a feeling he would make fun of you. "You know what I'll just.. go, sorry for waking you up" You turned to the door only to feel Rowan grab your arm, "wait, no it's ok... I know how that feels." You turned back to face him. "He let go of your arm. 

You weren't sure what he was planning, and to be honest, he didn't know either. He opened his arms for a hug, "Bring it in" he said slightly smiling. You immediately accepted the offer and jumped into his arms. And boy that hug was the most comfortable and safe hug you have ever had.

He smelled of lavender and was extremely warm. His embrace was tight and comforting. You were savoring this moment and wished it would never end. Eventually he leaned to put his head on your shoulder, "Would you.. maybe, i don't know... want to stay the night? I know how it's like having to face or fears alone so, I'm not saying you have to but it's just a suggestion!" You could hear his heartbeat slowly increase and his face warm up against your shoulder as he was saying that.

"I- yes! Yes yes thank you I... would love that. If your okay with it that is!" You looked at him, your face going red as well. "Wasn't I the one who made the suggestion?" He looked at you. You became even more embarrassed after that and just decided to burry your face back in his chest.

Rowan quietly laughed at this and sat down on his bed, you on his lap. After he sat down he leaned over and fell down onto the bed, getting under the covers with you still wrapped around him like a koala. He buried his face into your hair and wrapped his arms around your waist, somehow bringing you closer.

"Well, if you couldn't already tell...I... like you, (your name)... a lot."

Honestly you didn't think your face could get any darker, but here we are. Introducing (your name) the tomato.

"I- I like you too. Rowan I really do." You admitted looking up at him. You two stared at each other and slowly moved closer...

 But lightning struck again and you jumped and shoved your face into his chest once more. Rowan laughed,

"Scaredy-cat~" 

"oh shut up!"

——— ✮ ———

I imagine Xavier on the other side of the room secretly being awake silently recording or taking pictures.

Sorry if this was ooc lol