[ C H A P T E R S I X ]

Shirley woke up this time with no strange white hair or frozen beds or Frost covered walls. In fact her day was weirdly normal.

It seemed saying no to frozen and Yes to the woman king was what she had really needed to curb the unnatural phenomenon of her turning into the Killer Frost.

Moving her lazy ass from the queen sized bed she had slept on, she stripped as  walked into the bathroom then took a quick shower. In twenty minutes she was ready for work as she was dressed in a white shirt, blue skinny jeans and her favorite pairs of boot. Inserting her contacts to her eyes, she walked into the kitchen she shared with her roomie as she could smell burning toast.

"Where the hell's Addy" She groaned as she switched off the gas burner. Eyeing the burnt toast with disgust, she took a quick bite from it then tosses it into the bin. No matter how hungry she was burnt toast was a no go for her. Grabbing an apple from the fridge (which was the only edible thing in her fridge) she grabs her glock and SIG, car keys and lastly her badge.

"Hey Addy the toast's burnt, have fun with that" Shirley yelled to her roomie who was busy watching some Chinese drama or was it Korean, She had no idea all she knew was her roomie had a bad taste in movies.. Nothing beat a good crime movie or series. It was Criminal minds  or even blindspot for her. Now those were the real deal.

"Holy shit I'm sorry Shirls but this is too good for me to leave look Xu Shao is about to get shot, please  turn off the burner, I love you bestie" Addy yelled absolutely mindedly causing Shirley to roll her eyes.
One day Adele will burn down the building and when that happens she'd probably been vacaying in Cayman Islands or the Bahamas.

                         ❄️-❄️

Applause sounded the minute Shirley stepped into the precinct. Shirley froze like a deer caught in headlights. She looked around the pristine walls of the precinct noting the banners that said “Congratulations Detective Supercop”

"What the heck's goin' on here?" Shirley found herself ask rudely. God she hated attention, never was okay with it which was why she turned down many interviews from reporters. God knows she didn't want no drama in her life, she didn't ask to get famous after saving the Governor's daughter from a serial killer. She'd figured that out even before the other detectives had figured out who the Serial killer was. They had been chasing the Strangler for over five years and had yet to catch him and Shirley had figured out who the guy was even as a rookie cop.

He was Bradley Chase, Darlene Worthington's golden haired blue eyed movie star ex - boyfriend of two years and it turned out he had been killing off his exes and the craziest thing was each time he'd have an alibi. His stunt double who no one knew about.
And that was how she'd gotten famous and had been dubbed super cop especially after she had been made a detective with her busting more asses.

"You pulled off an extremely impossible case all on your own" Marc Schmidt a brown haired larger than life cop  gushed out. You could clearly see the hero worship in his eyes.

"I did no such thing. I had help, now where's that grumpy ass, I owe him my life" Shirley says looking around for O'Reilly. He had been the one to get help and had saved her life. Didn't matter he had been the one to save hers first. She stared at the familiar faces of the policemen and policewoman who obviously needed her to be the hero.
The needed their bubbles burst.

"I just happens I enjoy killing, O'Reilly is the real hero here guys"

Snorts and laughter was all that could be heard as her colleagues disregarded her words. They all knew how modest she was.

"We all know the truth Leroy and we're celebrating tonight at Shannon's, I know you can't turn down free beer so show up or I'll personally drag your ass down the bar, Ernie's words not mine" Officer Sue Mallory a twenty three year old African American cop who wore a permanent smile on her lips said..