57: Everything will be fine

~•ASHLESHA SACHDEV•~

It’s been a day Karthik last visited me, he said he will be here in the morning, but it’s like 12 now already afternoon, he isn’t here, when will this guy get discipline. I take out the phone given to me to check on him.

But received something else which hitched my breath
“Cricketer Karthik Malhotra has been arrested this morning for kidnapping Vaibhav Jha, as Vaibhav Jha is found even he is taken into custody and the case on him reported by Ashlesha Sachdev ”

“Ashu I tol you no usage of phone too much agar bore lag raha hai tho bula deti your sister is always there for you babe” she holds my hand but I get rid of it immediately, nobody other than her knows the information I am cent percent sure it’s her

“Anisha, tell me the truth already” her face looses all the color I think she already sensed what’s coming for her

“Ashu mai….

“Answer one simple question, was this you?”

“Ashu list…

“Just say yes or no Anisha”

“Yes” that is it, it didn’t take me more than a second to land my hand on her cheek, I hit her for the first time though we hit each other for fun this is the first time I am hitting her out of hatred

“Ashu I can explain please”

“Kya explain karoge? Ye ki tumhe promises todne mai bohot maja aata hai? Ya tumhe dusro ki career kharab karne mai maja aata hai karke?”

“Ashu I didn’t mean it in that way, agar ye mai nahi release karti tho case aage nahi badta, you wouldn’t get justice”

“Bhaad mai gayi meri justice, 2 logo ki career zyada nahi hai kuch bhi, do you get that ki ye kaha jaa raha hai? You are destroying lives Anisha and I am not gonna spare you for this”

“I understand your pain Ashu but it was for good”

“Don’t even dare to defend yourself”

“I am not defending myself Ashu, I really mean it, it’s for the best”

“No and you are not the one who makes decision you could have discussed”

“And you would support Karthik, without thinking about anything but I want you to be out of it you deserve justice that’s all that mattered to me”

“You promised Anu, you broke it, just like everyone ever does it with me”

“Ashu..”

“Cut the crap Anisha I don’t want that justice thing, we have much better ways to get justice and you choose this, spoiling two careers”

“There are hundreds playing cricket Ashu, be practical it’s not that big thing and they are not so good after the success they have”

“SHUT UP, just shut up, you don’t know how hard it is to build a career be it anything sabko tumhare jaise silver spoon nahi milti hai and you shouldn’t have done this”

“I am doing everything for you but you still go over those boys, apne hormones ko control hi nahi kar paati ho kya ladko ke maamle mai?” that really broke me, I didn’t expect my sister saying this her eyes were filled with regret but that’s too late now

Just then our parents enter my room they heard everything, my mother slapped her hard, my mother is the most humble person ever she never raised a hand even on fly but today I saw rage, that’s what you have done Anisha,
My father instantly pulled me into his arms after 2 long years in his arms tears make their way down, not just tears, loud sobs wailing whinning whatever they call it I am a crying mess now every word she said was piercing into me hard, am I that bad in controlling my emotions? Do I  really behave like a slut? But I just care for them? Is it wrong?