Chapter 45

FINN

"Is he awake?" I ask Rush that's standing in front of the closed door in the basement. Somehow I feel more impatient than I usually do to get to someone. He's not that different from the rest that I get hired to kill, but my hands are just aching to be covered in blood. Maybe it's the energy from Emma finally knowing who I am. What I am.

"Awake and screaming, Sir." He tells me and opens the door for me.

I grab my black gloves from my pocket and put them on after I roll up the sleeves of the new tuxedo shirt I put on when I arrived.

"Good." I grin and walk into the dark room, where Blade looks down at Wolf, the man we took from the networking event tonight with Emma's help.
God, I love her even more now that she finally knows. Especially because of the fact that she embraces the part of me I thought she would run from.

I walk over to them and look at Wolf's bloody nose. "Roughed him up, I see." I say to Blade and get a nod in response. Yeah, this is what I meant by the quiet one, but that's okay. I don't need him to talk to do a good job. I bet he'll even keep quiet if he gets tortured for answers.

I rip the white cloth from Wolf's mouth. "I see you've already met my colleague."

"You motherfucking asshole!" He spits at me with a raw voice. "Do you know who I am?! Do you know what I can do to you?"

"Well," I grab my knife from my pocket and look down at him, showing him the beautiful steel I've cut so many skins with. "It seems you're not going to do anything, Wolf."

"I fucking trusted you and that bitch!"

"Don't call her that." I say in a smooth voice. "And it's your own fault that you trusted me. Did you really think I would let scum like you touch such a precious diamond?"

He's about to say something when my phone rings, so I push my knife to his lips to quiet him and take my phone from my pocket. Seeing Emma's name on the screen, I smile down at Wolf and pick up.

"Hi darling." I say, enjoying these two parts of my life finally coming together. I move the sharp part of my knife from Wolf's lips to his cheek and enjoy the way he flinches when I deepen the sharp point into his skin.

When I don't get an answer from the other line, I retreat my knife from Wolf's face. My surroundings disappear into nothing when I hear a hard sob from her end. A loud bang is followed by a male voice and I can't make out the words that come over his lips, but I recognize that voice. Vincent.

I thought I knew what fear felt like. I was always scared of my father as a little kid. Scared of what he would do to me. Always aware of the belt he was wearing and the pain it could inflict. I thought I knew fear as well as I knew anger, but I was wrong, because the terror that crawls through my body as I hear her scream on the other end of the line makes my blood turn cold. Unable to move I hear her scream my name into the phone and then— the call ends.

"Sir?"

I look up and suddenly remember where I am. The Burrows brothers both look at me with concern. An emotion I've never seen in their eyes in the years I've known them.

"Is everything alright, Sir?" Rush asks, pushing himself off the wall he was leaning against.

"I need to go." I say, not bothering to explain more. I need to get to my house. If Vincent got in and is after her... If he so much as touches her... I clench my hand around the hilt of my knife and walk towards the door.

"Going to get your dick sucked by that whore?" Wolf screams after me. I look back at him and see the insanity in his eyes. He knows he's going to die and will say anything he can think of, but I don't have time for his shit.

"Don't call her that." I warn him again and keep on walking.

I'm already at the door, with my hand on the handle when he says, "I should have fucked her the moment she got in my car! Such a pretty mouth to scream for help."

Red flashes before my eyes and I walk back, not being able to stop myself when I grab his cheeks and open his mouth. I tighten my grip so he can't bite me and take his tongue between my fingers, cutting the muscle in one movement. I don't waste time watching him suffer. I don't even hear his cry in pain as I throw his tongue on the ground and walk back to the door.

"Stitch his lips together, make him choke on his blood while you bury him alive. I'll call when I need you." I tell the Burrow brothers and head out.

I make my way up to my office, take my gun from my desk and tuck it behind my belt underneath my shirt. When I reach the main floor, I try to casually walk past the people that are drinking in the bar and sprint to my car.

The drive to my house normally takes fifteen minutes, but now only takes five after racing past everyone on the road. My brain is going just as fast with all the ways I can make Vincent suffer.

As soon as I reach the door, I feel my heart racing. Emma has to be safe. If she isn't, I'll deny Vincent's death until the end of time. I won't let him live without a full day of suffer and torture.

I blow out a heavy breath and walk up to my front door, taking my gun from my belt. The door is ajar and when I walk in I get greeted by a deafening silence. The lights are on, making it easy to see the entire living room is empty. The reflection of the kitchen in the large window in the back tells me that part of the house is empty too. My eyes shoot to the stairs and then I feel my heart drop to my stomach when I see tiny drops of blood on the steps. Holding my breath I follow them.

Quickly realising the house is empty, my steps get more heavy and rushed as I walk up the stairs, through the landing and to the bathroom, seeing more blood.

I will fucking break every bone in his body, slowly. I will bring him to the edge of death and bring him back over and over again until he BEGS me to fucking kill him, but I'll deny him that too. I will let him suffer. As long as Emma pleases.