Chapter 1

"I guess that's just part of loving people. You have to give things up. Sometimes you have to give them up"
~Lauren Oliver

*~~~¤~~~~¤~~~~¤~~~*

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hey people!!! So, this is first chapter of FTBY. And I think you all must be thinking what happened to the other book.. Well I was not satisfied with it so I unpublished it. It needs alot editing so, I will publish it when its time. For now enjoy this new book and get ready to cry, laugh, smile and stunned!!! So here goes the new chapter..... Enjoy!

*~~~¤~~~~¤~~~~¤~~~*

My life changed when I first saw my dad and then my mom die in front of me. My dad left me when I was fifteen years old because of a sudden heart attack. I was very close to him but my mom never made me feel that he was never going to be with me, never going to hug me and console me and wipe away my tears the way he used to when everyone shut me out.

Never was i ever going to see his beautiful eyes with all the love and protection in them. Those warm big brown eyes that made me feel protective were gone cold. He was dead, not with me anymore. I started realizing it when I turned 18 and my mom was taking her last breaths. She had Brain Cancer and she hid it from me for years. It were the last stages so doctors had no hope.

I knew something was wrong because she used to go alone somewhere with my uncle Ahmad (my mom's brother). When I used to ask her where she was going, she used to say that it was important and she'll be back in a bit. It was the only thing she did alone without me.

I was not a social person that's because I was very shy and felt uncomfortable with people around me. I had only one best friend other than my mom. Her name was Sara. She was my childhood friend, umm.. basically my only childhood friend. I used to share my every little secret with her. Though I had lost dad but Sara and mom never made me feel his absence.

Nowadays I was living with my uncle Ahmad who had a son named Saad Ahmad. He was seven years older than me. My uncle was very rich, he owned a big company named Javaid telecommunications. His business was spread all over Pakistan. He owned a huge house more like a mansion. It was the most beautiful house I had ever seen.

Saad's mom aunt Ayesha had taken divorce from my uncle when Saad was thirteen so I didn't knew much about her. But her taking divorce from my uncle didn't made Saad hate her or dislike her, he loved her and respected her alot.

Me and my mom lived in a big room with wires and machineries attached to her. When my mom realized that I was going to be left alone with no one looking after me, she talked to my uncle about me and my life after her death. He told her not to worry and that Saad, his son will marry me and take good care of me and that we both will make a wonderful couple. My mom felt very convinced. She asked me what my decision was, as I was not a very good decision maker because my mom used to take all the decisions regarding me so I told her that I was happy with what ever she wanted to do with my life because she was my mom and she would never bring harm to me no matter what. She kissed me and hugged me with shaky hands knowing that this was the last ever happiness that she would feel before her death. Tears escaped from her eyes but I kept myself strong because I knew what she was thinking. Oh God why is she leaving me?

Mom called my uncle Ahmad inside and told him that I had agreed. He too was happy for me being his daughter-in-law. Mom asked uncle if Saad had agreed? He gave a small smile and said he had no problem. Hmmm... Weird! Why would he not have a problem marrying me? I mean he never even talked to me! Mom told uncle that she wanted the nikkah to be held tomorrow because she did not want any delay as her situation was very critical.

I was neither happy nor sad on her decision, all I wanted was to see mom happy in her last days. I didn't knew anything about Saad, though he was my cousin but was a complete stranger to me. Being shy I never talked to anyone not even my cousins. I had noticed that Saad was very obedient towards his parents just the way I was. He too did not protested for what his father had decided for him.

Saad's mom was told about the nikkah so the next thing I know she came rushing into the house and I heard her screaming on my uncle and telling him he was ruining Saad's life. I saw my mom's eyes filled with tears so I closed the door of our room and sat besides her telling her how much I love her and that everything was going to be fine. I gave her her medicines and she was soon asleep. The shouting was now over so I pecked from the door and saw aunt Ayesha standing with my uncle and Saad was holding her hand and she was telling my uncle that she wanted to see me...Oh God! I hope she doesn't spat me and blame me...

I heard my uncle call my name and I moved towards them with shaky steps. Aunt Ayesha was looking at me with tears in her eyes...Ummm awkward! I don't know if she was having pity on me or was she satisfied with my uncle's decision. And then came the most I don't know awkward thing that is she hugged me in a warm embrace and told me that she was happy for me going to be her daughter-in-law. WOAH! That is sweet! I was surprised by her actions but then I hugged her back.

We had dinner together and she sat with me on the table while Saad was sitting in front of me with uncle. Aunt Ayesha talked to me very sweetly about my life and everything about me while my uncle tried to joke with me to cheer me up. This really is happening...I can be happy with them! While we all were chatting, I for the first time glanced at Saad, he had a warm smile on his lips and was staring straight into my eyes. His big blue eyes were locked in mine. I felt my heart skip a beat because this felt very different very unique. His eyes reminded me of a beautiful sea shinning like glitter in the bright sun. I blushed a little and broke the gaze and started starring my plate. But his glassy eyes couldn't leave my mind they were so full of emotions that I was not able to recognize.

After dinner Aunt Ayesha bet us good bye and went home. I went to my room and mom was still asleep so I decided to call Sara and tell her about my nikkah. She was very happy to hear it and asked me if I was too. I told her that I didn't knew and that I think I was happy because mom was. After a long talk I was sleepy and so I told her that I will talk to her tomorrow when I'm free. As the call ended I heard a little knock on the door. I glanced towards the clock... 1:00am..hmm..strange..I hope everything is fine. It was very unusual for someone to knock at our door unless it was some kind of emergency.

I was wearing my sleeping pajamas and a white half sleeves t-shirt with little blue hearts on it so, I wore a shawl on it to cover me and opened the door. Oh my God! I stood there speechless, not a single word escaped my mouth. And then my eyes met the glassy blue ones making me remember the sparkling ocean.Saad! What was he doing here? Why? Why this late? There were so many questions popping in my mind. Its not like he never came here, he used to come and meet mom while I just used to sit there quite, its just that it was way to late to come here and mom was already asleep.

He was wearing same clothes that he was wearing during dinner, a grey t-shirt with black pants while his hair were disheveled like he had been brushing them with his fingers. They kind of looked.... Umm... Sexy! His eyes met mine and I felt the blood rushing towards my cheeks. Then I noticed he had been checking me out!

*~~~¤~~~~¤~~~~¤~~~*

Hey my lovely readers...
Phew finally I wrote the first chapter,ouch my hand hurts.. Lol just kidding... So yeah this is the new book and I hope you all like it... And if you do please don't forget to vote and comment because your feedback is necessary for me... And plus I need ideas of who the cast should be... If you have any idea please feel free to tell me in the comment section.!

*~~~¤~~~~~¤~~~~~¤~~~*

*What will happen to Amna's mom?
*Why is Aunt Ayesha happy with Amna when she was screaming before?
*And the most important what is Saad doing at Amna's place this late?
Find it all in the next chapters...!!

Hugs and kisses...
Maheen!