Dare - Sam

Characters: Sam (and Dean)
Type: Humour, fluff
Word Count: 1400
Set in the early seasons.

Reader's POV

"Come on Sammy! You're not chicken, are you?"

"Yeah, Sam!" I egg him on, laughing at his conflicted expression.

"FINE!" he shouts, getting down on the grubby motel floor and shooting Dean and I a death stare. I raise my eyebrows and he sighs dramatically. Then, as dared, he starts to do a rubbish attempt of 'the worm'. Dean and I cheer and whoop until Sam smacks his face on the floor with a thud and we both inhale sharply.

"Damn!" 

"Are you okay?" I ask as Sam sits up, looking like a hurt puppy. He rubs his chin and nods, despite properly face-planting the carpet.

"Dean." Sam says, voice like venom, "Your turn."

"Dare," he instantly replies, taking a long swig of his beer.

"I dare you to take a bite out of an onion."

"Do we even have an onion?"

"Just so happens, I went shopping." Sam tosses the vegetable across the room, and Dean catches it with one hand.

"Piece of pie!" he claims, taking a giant bite. I cringe as his eyes start to water but his grin stays strong - for about five seconds. I see dread slowly creep into Dean's soul as the taste kicks in. Sam and I burst into a fit of giggles and Dean chews the onion with pain in his eyes.

"Ugh. I hate you guys." he says eventually, causing Sam and I to laugh all over again. I look over at Sam and his dimples are showing, his face adorably lit up. It makes my heart summersault - I may or may not be completely in love with him.

"Your go!" Dean shouts at me and I'm able to compose myself.

"Truth." I say, biting my lip a little because I can anticipate their reaction. 

The boys chorus a protest, complaining how I picked that last round and they both had to do dares.

"Fine! Dare. You're children," I mutter but all in good spirits.

"I dare you to fake-date Sam for 24 hours."

"Errrrrrrr...." is my immediate response, but when I look over at Sam, he's smiling. "Alright... bet."

Dean claps, "Alrighty then. I think it's time to get some shut-eye. But as you two are dating..." he gazes over to the two king-size beds in the room. It's Dean's turn to sleep on the floor. "It's only logical I get to sleep in a bed tonight. You two can share." I want to slap the smirk right off his face, so I curl my hands into fists to fight the urge. This is why he chose that dare... I hate to say it, but that's smart on his part. The 24 hour bit was unnecessary though, that menace. 

"Of course," I say, failing to sound breezy. "I'm going to brush my teeth." I lock myself in the bathroom and curse loud enough for the boys to probably hear.

------

Sam's POV

"DUDE!"

"WHAT?"

"YOU KNOW WHAT!" I whisper-shout, but Dean only smirks. 

"Come on! I'm doing you a favour!"

Frustrated, I sigh and look away from him, staring at the ceiling. "I hate you."

"You love her." Dean wiggles his eyebrows. He is able to infuriate me in a way no other human can. 

"Not so loud," I say through gritted teeth. Do I have a massive crush on her? Yes. Does she like me back? Of course not! A girl like that would never... Anyway, I knew it would be a mistake confiding in Dean.