p. maximoff + learning to meditate

"piet." you reach over, pressing his bouncing knee down towards the floor. "relax."

he recrosses his legs, huffing. "what should i be thinking about?"

you can feel him looking at you, but your eyes remain closed. "something that calms you. or nothing at all."

pietro chuckles. "how do you think about nothing?"

you crack open one eye, your heart thudding at how he gazes at you, curiosity and fondness cutting through his frustration.

god, he's adorable. you're pretty sure you're already half in love with him.

no way he feels the same way though.

"do you just...?" he starts, referring back to his question.

right. "whenever something comes across your mind, you acknowledge it, let it go, and refocus on breathing," you explain simply, as if it hadn't taken you months to master this skill.

pietro shrugs in disbelief before shutting his eyes again, a strand of his hair falling over his brow. you turn away quickly.

the blissful silence stretches for about a minute and a half as you concentrate on your breath energizing your body, from your lungs to your toes.

then: "this is hard."

you soothe him with a gentle shh.

it lasts for about twenty seconds more until pietro's stomach growls. you burst into laughter, breaking out of your posture and tackling him onto the mat.

suddenly, he's so close and warm and he smells so good. panicked, you scramble off him. "sorry."

pietro doesn't get up, just lifts his head to grin at you. "it's okay."

you smile awkwardly. "snack break?"

at that suggestion, he launches to his feet in the blink of an eye, grabbing your hand. "let's go."