Chapter 6: Muscle Memory

Hagakure's POV:

It was hard to keep looking at that monitor. Y/n was probably beyond frustrated, even if he didn't show it. Their plan seemed almost perfect. They even accounted for Bakugo being rash! But... I suppose their plan was foolproof, not enraged-rivalproof...

The combatants came into the monitor room to review their performance. I greeted Y/n on the way in.

"Hey, L/n!" His expression shifted from one of disappointment to one of happiness. "That was a great fight! Sorry your team didn't win."

"Nah, it's fine. The loss is on me anyway." He said casually.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I didn't want to hurt Uraraka at the end. If she was a real villain, I would've just picked up a rock and flung it at her."

"Well, don't beat yourself up about it! You'll get 'em next time!"

"Yeah, thanks."

All Might began to break down our battle. "If I had to say, the MVP for this battle was Young Iida!"

Iida looked surprised.

"It's not either of the winners?" One girl asked.

"Well, does anybody know?"

Yaoyorozu raised her hand with confidence. "Yes, Mr. All Might."

"That is because Iida adapted the most to the context of the training. It appears Bakugo acted on his own because of a grudge. Midoriya caused large damage to the building, along with himself, because his plan was rash. Uraraka let her guard down, gave away her position, and her final attack was reckless. If she treated the fake weapon as if it were real, she wouldn't have tried something so risky. L/n hesitated to act. When he did, he made a sub-optimal choice of attack."

I looked over at Y/n. Those words looked like they struck a chord in him. He looked even more frustrated. I mean, what was he supposed to do then? Concuss his own classmate in an effort to win? That'd make him no better than Bakugo.
Yaoyorozu kept lecturing. Saying something about starting with the basics and devoting ourselves wholeheartedly. I wasn't really listening. My eyes kept drifting towards Y/n. I felt bad for him. I can't go and talk to him now though, my team is up next.
I got paired with Ojiro, the guy with the tail. He seemed strong enough. We'd be up against Shoji and Todoroki
They seem pretty strong too. But with Ojiro's strength paired with my invisibility, it'll be pretty hard to lose!

All Might came in over the intercom, "Now, let's start the second indoor person-to-person combat training match!"

All right, the first thing I'll do is take off my gloves and boots. They can't see me that way. Ojiro can protect the weapon while I sneak ahead to get the jump on them. 

Suddenly, the whole building froze over in an instant. I didn't even have a chance to react before my feet were completely frozen over. What kind of quirk is that? That's not fair!
Todoroki walked over and put his hand on the weapon for an easy win. After that he started blasting heat and melting the ice. The floor went from ice cold to boiling hot just like that.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! That's hot!"

"Sorry," he started, "The difference in our ability was too great."

Is that meant to make me feel better?!

I walked back to the monitor room, still sour about how quickly we lost.

"Sheesh, and I thought I lost bad." Y/n joked as I came in.

"Oh, be quiet, dummy!" I retorted with a pouty face as I joined him in the corner.

"I'm just messin with you. You're good though, right? No frostbite?"