IMAGINE || GRIZZ

_____________________

You've been in an abusive relationship with Campbell for a few months. You took the chance to escape and ran straight to Grizz.

_____________________

You were weak and covered in bruises, the adrenaline coursing through your body was probably the only reason you were able to sprint.

You'd finally had the opportunity to escape Campbell. He had been chasing you and shouting at you but the shouting had stopped so you guessed he had given up for now. Even so you didn't look back even once.

Your lungs were burning but you had to keep going. You knew exactly where you were going. The only person you felt truly comfortable with was Grizz. He was your best friend, was.

Once you'd started dating Campbell you'd drifted away from everyone. No one liked you dating Campbell especially Grizz. Plus it's not like Campbell would let you see anyone with or without him.

Grizz had always had a crush on you and when he found out about you and Campbell he just couldn't be around you, it hurt too much. It's not like you didn't have a crush on him too but nothing seemed to ever happen between the two of you.

Your friendship just never seemed to progress to a relationship so when Campbell swooped in offering you the world you took it. But you soon found out things were too good to be true.

You ran up the short steps onto the front porch. Your fists hammered against the wooden door. You were trying to catch your breath while small sobs escaped your lips. You prayed the tall brunette would open the door and let you in.

Relief washed over you when the door opened. "Y/n?", Grizz said looking down at you shocked with slight annoyance until he noticed your bruises and heavy breathing.

"Please let me in.", you plea breathlessly. He moves away from the door frame to let you through. "Thank you.", you say barely above a whisper.

"Y/n what happened?", he asks taking in your appearance. You had dark bags under your eyes and you were a lot paler than usual. No one had really seen you for weeks. The only time Campbell had let you leave was when you had a shift and even then you kept your head down and didn't socialise. People were worried but you were good at making excuses or more burning bridges you wont have burned without being involved with Campbell.

"It's Campbell isn't it?! He did this to you?", he asks almost yelling. "Sorry.", he says once he sees you flinch.

His hand comes up to his face rubbing it before putting it back on his hip. "God I'm going to kill him.", he says taking you into a hug and kissing the top of your head.

"Can I stay here tonight?", you ask against his chest. "You can stay here forever.", he replies not letting you go.

"He's going to find me Grizz.", you say as a tear streams down your face. You'd never be safe from Campbell unless one of you were dead.

"Shh, don't think about that right now.", he soothes you. "I along with the rest of the guard will keep you safe."

"Thank you so much.", you thank him. "God I can't believe I didn't notice. I'm so stupid! I was your best friend for crying out loud." The 'was' stung but you had to admit it was both your faults not just his.

"Come on, you hungry?", he asks pulling away and walking to the kitchen.

"I could eat.", you reply making him smile. God that smile, it puts you at ease instantly.

"Where do you want to sleep tonight?", he asks pulling ingredients out of the cupboards.

"With you if you don't mind. I'd just feel... safer." You didn't expect him to accept seeing as you guys were barely friends now.

"Of course.", he says smiling from ear to ear again. You start to smile back but freeze when you hear heavy sets of footsteps coming into the room.

You turn around but it's just Luke and Clark. "Y/n?", Luke questions.

"Hi.", you reply giving a small wave. "People said they saw you running down the streets distressed and were worried.", Luke explains.

'Oh' is all you answer with all three pairs on eyes set on you. "Care to explain?", Luke says.

You and Grizz share a look, "She was running away from Campbell.", Grizz clears things up.

Everyone goes quiet. "That explains the uh bruises.", Clark says pointing at you up and down awkwardly.

"Look can you guys maybe try to keep Campbell away and give us some space or something.", Grizz says to the two boys who are still standing at the entrance to the kitchen.

"Yeah sure, Glad you're okay Y/n.", they say before walking out. You give them a small smile before they leave.

Anxiety settles in your stomach again knowing you're not safe. You hadn't even checked your phone yet. If it wasn't on silent it'd be blowing up.

"All my stuffs still at Campbells.", you sigh. "The guys and I will go get it tomorrow. For now you can just borrow my clothes."

Your worried expression doesn't change. "Hey I'll stay here while the guys go, okay?", Grizz suggests.

"Okay.", you murmur. Grizz crosses the island and comes to stand in front of you, who's still sitting on a stool.

"Hey, look at me.", he says lifting your chin up with his fingers. "I'll protect you."

"Grizz.", you say looking up at him. "Yeah?", he asks thinking you're about to have a moment.

"The foods burning.", you say. "Oh crap!", he says rushing back over and waving a tea towel at the smoke detector while turning off the stove.

You laugh and shake your head, things were looking better already.

...