XIV

After receiving medical attention, Gretilde had changed into a clean set of clothes and used her cosmetics to cover the bruise on her cheek. In the midst of fixing herself, Drystan had treated his own wounds and Helmut had watched for any upcoming intruders. Soon, they had all finished packing up their things and began biking towards their next destination.

  Meanwhile, a man with light green irises walked towards a familiar farmhouse while grasping upon the handle of a suitcase. As he treaded further amongst fields of wheat and vegetation, he finally arrived at the front of the farmhouse's door. Knocking on the door, he did not need to wait long- as the door was quickly opened. There, he saw a woman with short, long brown hair with a distinctive determination in her irises. Still, looked at him an amicable expression that masked her feeling of suspicion.
  "Oh? Who would you be?" she asked.
  "I'm sure Eloise has told you about me." he began. "I go by Sigurd."
  She became less suspicious upon hearing that familiar codename as she extended her hand for a handshake.
  "It is good to meet you!" she exclaimed as they shook hands. "Come on in!"
  "Thank you." Sigurd responded as he walked into the farmhouse. "May I ask for your codename?"
  "It is Yvonne." she responded as she closed the door behind them.
  As the agent observed his surroundings, he observed a teenage boy and a middle-aged man sitting by a table- eating slices of roasted Jerusalem artichoke and other assorted vegetables.
  "We were just in the middle of dinner." Yvonne stated. "Feel free to join us, I'll get you a bowl and pour you a cup of coffee."
  Sigurd accepted the invitation as he took a seat by the table. The teenage boy looked at him with unsheltered suspicion, while the middle-aged man seemed curious of his presence.
  "Who would you be?" the young boy asked crudely.
  The middle-aged man hit the boy's leg with his own before whispering. "Be more respectful, François."
  François, regardless with his annoyance with his warning- ultimately complied.
  "Could you introduce yourself, sir?"
  "Sigurd is my codename, what about you two gentlemen?"
  "Lucien." the middle-aged man stated as he shook Sigurd's hand. "The young man's name is François- as you've heard. Since Yvonne has invited you inside, I'm assuming you are an ally of ours."
  "Yes, I am sure you are familiar with Eloise. She is my fellow colleague and I've come here to assist you on receiving the supplies from the RAF that she previously informed you about."
  "How will the RAF send in these supplies?" Yvonne questioned as she served Sigurd a bowl of sliced roasted artichoke and sliced vegetables along with a cup of coffee (made with chicory instead of coffee beans).
  "Thank you." Sigurd responded as he picked up his utensils and stabbed a slice of artichoke. "The RAF will parachute these supplies during night time."
  Yvonne sat down to the chair next to him and picked up her fork and continued to listen intently for his next explanation.
  "You won't achieve much from myself simply telling you. After we have finish our lunch, I'll show you three the implications outside." Sigurd proclaimed after he digested a piece of vegetable.
  The three farmers were perplexed on his method of instruction; as it contradicted with Eloise's methodical and verbal discourse.
  Accepting this, Yvonne asked a question. "What types of supplies are being dropped to us?"
  "Firearms, food, ammunition- the sort." he responded with a remissive fashion before he digested his food.
  Yvonne decided to wait for the agent and the rest of the farmers to their lunch before asking the agent any questions. Surely, after he was done- he would provide them the details. However, she was curious on the whereabouts of her friend and her fellow associates.
  "How is Klara and the others doing?" she asked.
  "Quite well, actually." Sigurd stated after he swallowed his slice of artichoke. "It seems that they haven't encountered any hindrance of significance through their journey towards Saint-Jean-de-Luz."
  "That's a relief." she commented.
  "I could say the same. Klara is a bright, young woman." Lucien added. "It would be a shame to see any of them meet misfortune- they're all valiant and young fellows."
  "Hopefully, their trip continues to go smoothly." Sigurd asserted.
  Yvonne and Lucien nodded in agreement.