Ch.3: Resurrection and Humanityless Tribrid

About nine years later, despite Kat continuing to help her with control, Hope had gone her own way. She'd turned it off and, from the news, Kat knew that she was going down the same path as Klaus formerly had. As a human, Traveler descendant or not, she knew she didn't stand much of a chance against her if she tried to force her humanity back on. And so, she knew, it was now that she had to try. If she succeeded, Klaus could reach her.

That evening, after she'd been able to resurrect the hybrid she'd once upon a time had both hated and feared, they stood in the living room of the house she was still living at. Since she hadn't visited before resurrecting him, he didn't know anything, much less why she'd brought him back.

"What am I doing here, Katerina?" he inquired of her. Even being almost 30 now thanks to her being human, he could still tell that it was her. He'd know her anywhere. He wasn't exactly angry for the resurrection though, because he knew she'd only bring him back if it was completely necessary to do so.

"You had Freya ask me to look after and raise Hope. I did. However, the hybrid portion of her, I couldn't keep underwraps, no matter how much I tried. I tried persuading her not to, but she turned it off. Now, she's on a dark path I can't get her off of without possibly ending up dead, so you're my solution. She asked everyone to leave her alone, but she's still going on slaughter sprees and not being herself. A typical hybrid. Rebekah tried and failed to reach her. Hope tried to kill her. She's even hurt her friends in more ways than one, and she won't listen to the rest of your family. I don't need to tell you how dangerous she is. Someone needs to stop her, and I don't want to hurt her or end up being the one hurt because of her," she explained to him.

Klaus wasn't happy at the news, but he always knew a human couldn't control a hybrid, so he wasn't angry for her unable to tame her hybrid portion. He was angry that Hope had tried to kill his little sister, though. Rebekah had always been his world more so than the rest of them. Katerina was right. If Hope could try to kill Rebekah and hurt all her friends, then Katerina couldn't do anything for her. It was his turn now. And he was quite a creature to reckon with.

When she explained everything to him, as well as told him everything she knew had happened, she could tell from the centuries of knowing him that he wasn't happy. She understood that. She'd always known that Rebekah had always been the one he looked after the most. Not Elijah or even Kol. Always Rebekah. Anyone he didn't actually care for that hurt her, or even tried, she knew he'd kill and even make them suffer. She also knew what he normally did to family that treated her as such. Hope was a different story, though.

"In that case, it's time for a family reunion. I'll take care of her, and I'll be back as soon as I can," he told and promised Katerina.

"Thank you," she replied, not at all surprised that he'd want to go find her immediately. She knew the hybrid all too well.

It took a long several weeks, but after locking her in a basement, working with Katerina, they finally got her to turn it back on. Then they had a family reunion and, amongst everything, somehow he and Katerina had formed a little something. And so, in the end, they became a couple and the Mikaelsons were almost a whole family again.