Hardships

This story is about my own OC, the character in my profile picture. I've spent almost 3 months changing and retuning her storyline, because I'm going down the depressing route. I also wanted to step out of my comfort zone in writing, which is writing fanfiction with a lot of action. I want to write a different type of genre, and I hope you like it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
For a hoofful of fillies and colts in the less urban areas of Fillydelphia, everyday is just like being in a prison. Everyday, they move from cell to cell, except theirs cells are home and school. One of these ponies is a 12 year old white pegasus filly, Adorabella.

Adorabella fears her home, but she fears school more, much much more. For good reason, she fears school. At home, she only has to weather the torment from her mother and father. But at school, there's so many more ponies to weather more and worse different forme of torment.
-----------------------------------------------------------
(A few weeks before Nightmare Night)

It was raining, but it has stopped for the moment. At the moment, it isn't raining. Adorabella is walking on the pebble path, passing every wooden house to the left and right, walking through every puddle of rainwater that stood in her way, all the way back to the school at the end of the path. Adorabella always sneaks out of school during breaks, and always remembers which time to come back.

With her, Adorabella has a black backpack on her. Inside her backpack, there's a pencil case, a few books, 4 glass bottles of the same potion, a magazine, a small circular mirror that has a white frame, and other random items. Adorabella gets the mirror out every minute or so wherever she walks, not to check her looks, but to check is somepony is behind her ready to whack her down to the ground or worse, ponynaps her and gets taken somewhere that's worse than home or school. Luckily in place, Adorabella has a very staunch stubborn policy to solve the issue, trust nopony you see and get the buck out of the area if you see anypony.

Adorabella reaches the school, a square-shaped premises. But the actual building takes up 3 quarters of the space in smaller squares. The roof is made of stone-based slates with sturdy rock-made ridges at the tippy top of the roof. The roof from a bird's eye view looks a bit like an L. The walls of the L-shaped building is made of worn-out clay bricks, with arches on the easten and northern walls.

The other quarter is taken up by a playground. By the east-side of the playground, there's a seesaw made of copper with white plastic seats on both ends. Near the north west corner of the playground is a swing with a blue-wooden seat, connected to the metal-pole frame by partially rusted aluminium chains. There is also a sand pit in the middle of the playground. Near the south west corner are 3 trees, the tree in the middle being much larger and taller. So tall is this tree that it's even taller than the school itself. At the top is a tiny tree house, with no ladder up to.

By the north side of the playground is a brick wall with dark glass panes, which the classroom is visible through. By the east side of the playground is a cobblestone wall with a arch-looking frame in front, where there is a dark wooden door. The south and west sides is secured by a 9 foot fence of iron bars.

"I wish I had some strength so I can carry and do a lot more things, then I'd not be just some- joke..." Adorabella isn't the strongest of ponies. She has always been bullied for her extreme subpar strength compared to every other foal her age. She weeps as she looks at the other students playing in the playground having fun, while she has nopony.

"I have about ten minutes until we go back into class for the last period..." Adorabella noted to herself, wiping her eyes.

The pegasus filly hovers high up, to the top of the tallest tree in the playground, where the tree house is. Nopony in her class can reach her as she's the only pegasus in her class. None of the unicorn students know how to teleport yet, and the earth pony students cannot climb the tree. It's a safe place for Adorabella.