Chapter 1: Arrival

The drone like sound of a car driving in the night rung throughout (y/n)'s ears. He had headphones on, but they didn't play music. Music usually helped (y/n) process things, or to simply relax. But the last few weeks of his life had been stressful. He was carrying the weight of moving to a new country, with new people, a new culture, and an entirely new language. It all seemed like to much to him. His mother had always told him that he was tough, he used to believe it, but now when he hears it, it feels empty. Simply just words you tell a child to fill their head with some form of confidence and security. He wasn't a kid anymore, the things that the adults usually deal with, have finally reached him....

—————

"(Y/n)!" called a voice.

no response.

"(Y/n!)" called the voice again.

The shuffling of crinkly cheap bed sheets could be heard.

"(Y/n)!" the voice called yet again.

"I hear you!" you called back.

"Hurry up! We have to leave soon!" said the voice happily.

You groaned in defiance, a strong temptation to continue resting grew. You pealed the bed sheets off of you, your hair was a big crazy mess. You turned and dimmed the light in your room; you put on the clothes you had set aside ahead of time. You not-so-gracefully-trudged out of room.

The lights burnt your eyes. The sounds of joyful chattering is kind of like bug spray. Unfortunately in this situation, you'd be the bug, and the chattering would obviously be the bug spray.

A few seconds after you opened the door to leave your room, a person grabbed your arm and tugged you towards them.

"At last! The beast has awaken!" said the bright voice.

"Good morning sleepy head!" called another voice.

"hmm." grunted yet another voice.

"Your food is getting cold, hurry and eat." Said the first voice. They let go of your arm and walked in another direction.

You slowly adjusted to your surroundings, but sat at the table. The house you lived in now was small and cramped. And filled to the brim with 3 obnoxious people. You loved these people, but sometimes they could be a little too much.

The house was buzzing with life. Some people were moving boxes in and out of the house. The others were talking and work things out. At first you wanted to be involved, because you were also apart of this family, but as the days went on, not so much anymore.

Being treated like a kid isn't the greatest when your a teenager. but when things are too, adult-like, it feels nice being a kid.

"Hey?"

"Hello??"

"(Y/n)?"

You looked up at the direction of the speaker.

"What?" you said, your tone slightly irritated.

"Time to load up." said the person.

"k."

A/n

frozen yogurt

Word count: 493

< OFFLINE >