Chapter 4: Is That Legal?

CW: smoking

It was starting to get late, and dark outside. You made your way back to your new home. You liked Paris so far. It was a lot better than what you had expected. Sure it was different but change never hurt anyone too badly, right?

When you got home the house was quiet. You saw Marionette in the kitchen just sitting at the table.

"Hi." You said quietly.

She jumped slightly and faced you, "Oh hey."' She seemed nervous.

"What're you up to?" You asked, genuine curiosity in your question.

"Not much, just sitting and thinking." She replied, no longer facing you.

You walked into the room she was in. You leaned over the counter.

"I saw you guys have a balcony." You said, implying something.

"Oh, yeah we do." She smiled and looked at you.

"How do you guys even get up there?" You asked.

"The entrance is through my room." She answered.

"That makes zero sense in my brain." You chuckled.

"Do you want to see it?" She questioned, getting out of her chair.

"That sounds really nice, actually." You said.

Marionette led you up the stairs and into her room. You noticed the color, it was very pink. You also happened to notice many pictures of the famous Adrien Agreste.

You chuckled to yourself. Marionette only glanced at you, her face red.

"Don't look at those Y/n." She said, she couldn't bring herself to face you or look at you.

"I don't judge, I promise." You reassured.

Marionette pushed a skylight door open and pushed herself up onto the balcony. You followed after her.

"This is it!" She exclaimed, her arms spread outwards.

"This is pretty nice!" You complimented, a smile of joy on your face.

Marionette walked to the railing. The sun has set and the moon has surfaced. Stars blinked brightly in the sky. Shining on a stage of darkness.

You walked up and next to Marionette. She seemed so very stressed.

"This is pleasant." You tried to start a conversation.

"It is very pleasant." She replied.

She closed her eyes and felt the breeze touch her face. You faced the sky and closed your eyes as well.

For a moment it was completely comfortable and quiet.

Marionette's phone buzzed. She opened her eyes and picked it up. You looked at her, her face dropped.

"You can stay here for as long as you would like, I've got to go." Marionette said, her eyes never leaving her phone.

"Sounds good, see you around Mari." You said.

She walked towards the trapdoor and left.

Now that she was gone and you were alone. You dig into your bag/pocket and pulled a pack of cigarettes and a lighter out.

Today was easy but exhausting. You needed to let off some steam.

You lit the cigarette and relaxed. Your thoughts simmered down, it was just you with yourself. You closed your eyes and let yourself exist. For a moment you had autonomy.

Cla-clink

The sound of shoes.

You opened your eyes and glanced to the side. There was a figure in a black suit standing there.

You, as fast as you humanly could, lifted your shoe and put the cigarette out. Smiling nervously, you looked back up at him.

"Is that legal?" He asked, stepping closer to lean on the rail.

"Uh no?" You replied, trying to play it off.

He chuckled lightly, his eyes never leaving you.

"So you're like, Chat Noir?" You asked nervously.

"The one and only!" He said with pride.

You forced a smile, "Nice.", you said.

You were ridden with anxiety. The actual fuck was Chat-superhero doing standing there on MARIONETTE'S balcony at 9pm at night on a random ass weekday?

"Isn't the sky so lovely?" He asked.

"It is, I've never seen so many stars before." You said in wonder.

Chat smiled. He was a very comfortable person. Despite what the media says about him. He really isn't as cocky as he is presented to be. That or he is tried and you're crazy as hell.

You closed your eyes and let yourself feel the breeze again. No cheeky cat is going to stop you from having a relaxing time. It was getting awfully quiet. You couldn't tell if he had left or if he had just gone quiet. You peeled over at Chat Noir and he was just there. His eyes were closed and he was just... just vibing.

You liked Marionette, but her vibes were so anxious. It almost you anxious. Luckily Chat had more calm vibes. It was pleasant.

A/n

The end to this chapter is weird, but I'm tired, so bye.

Word Count: 784

< OFFLINE >