Chapter 3: Buckle Up

You and your family gathered around the luggage wheel to collect your belongings. It didn't take a lot of time for your stuff to show. You picked your luggage up and heaved it over the edge of the wheel. Not long after yours showed did your family's arrive. Before you and your family left you had to sell things such as your car, your house of 15 years, and many more things. It was upsetting to let go of such things, but it was a relief to start new as well.

The sounds of the city were overwhelming as you walked towards a bus station. But you couldn't deny it, it was kind of pretty. It had charm, and a charm you could definitely get used to.

The bus eventually arrived and off you went. The ride was bumpy but satisfying. You had never been on a bus before, it had never been necessary. Seeing as you had always had access to a car and older siblings. It was a good experience.

The sun was beginning to set as you and your family walked down the street towards your new home. You had rented a temporary space at a bakery. Apparently it had an extra living space big enough for a family of 5. Your parents has met the homeowners a couple months back when they went on their 20th anniversary trip to France. Tom and Sabine had been willing to offer them temporary housing until they found a spot. It was truly an act of genuine kindness, or so your parents say.

You and your family walk up to the bakery and enter, a light jingle of a bell rang throughout the small area.

"Hello!" Your father hollered.

From a room behind the counter, a bulky man with short brown hair and a women with a ravenette bob walk out from behind.

"How goes it!" Said the bulky man.

"It has been going really well!" Replied your father.

The parents continued to talk and catch up. It really wasn't interesting in the slightest. It usually goes like this...

"How's the kids?"
"Oh yeah they are great."

Sometimes it is as if they are NPCs. You glance around the bakery. It was quite pretty; white and gold. It smelled of heavenly baked goods. It was somehow refreshing.

"You guys can head up stairs, our daughter Marionette is up there. She can show you where you'll be staying." Tom said with a smile.

Your family dragged your luggage up the stairs and into a kitchen space. There stood a girl in pink pants with 2 low pig tails.

"Hello?" Said your father.

"Augh!" yelped marionette.

"Sorry! Uh- You're the (L/n)s? Right? hahahah..." She said nervously, she seemed very scatterbrained, dare you say even loud and obnoxious.

"Correct!" Said your mother in a strained voice. Was she already being judgmental?

"Right! Follow me please!" Marionette said.

Your family followed her into a nice living space, It had pretty much all the things you needed, a bathroom, a small kitchen, 2 bedrooms, one with a queen sized bed and the other with one set of bunks.

"The couch can turn into a bed, just so you guys know." Marionette said kindly while pointing at the couch bed.

"Thank you dear." said your mother.

Your siblings had already rushed into the room with the bunks, and it was obvious that you would be left with the couch. It is much better than sharing a room. Less privacy, but less sharing with siblings.

Your parents began to unpack what they had, you decided that it would be a good idea to go for a walk.

You grabbed your bag; money, phone, headphones/earphones/airpod, chapstick, a notebook, and writing utensil(s).

You headed outside the bakery house and began your walk, it was beautiful with the setting sun dipping back behind the buildings above.

You set your music up, what a vibe.

There weren't many cars on the road, but the cross lights being cross lights worked with or without many cars. You joined a small cluster of people getting ready to cross, when an old man fell.

You weren't going to help him but, he was struggling to get up. Your guilty conscious felt bad for him, and no one else stopped to help. You bent down to help the man up.

"You okay?" You asked.

"Yes, thank you young man."  he said gratefully.

A/n

Eat your fiber loves 🥱

Word Count: 752

< OFFLINE >