Chapter One - " A new world "

ʚ============================ɞ
Notes

>> This is my first ever proper attempt at writing something like this so I hope you enjoy

ʚ============================ɞ

(POV: Amity)

I sit in my room, at my desk reading the new good witch Azura book 4, as I read I take breaks to draw down little doodles of the scenes I read, listening to music as I do so.

I was supposed to be studying, but who would care? It's not like my parents will find out, right?

Suddenly, I hear my door fly open, I turn around quickly in my chair to see my mother she is furious. 'Shit' I think to myself

" Amity blight! " she roars, all I can manage is a small squeak sound, I stand up, shoving my drawings and book into my desk drawer.

" What do you think your doing!? " She looks at me in fury, all I can do is stand there. I've heard her shout at me time and time before, pretty much daily even, but it always seems to scare me the same. " How can you think getting just a 84% on your maths test is acceptable! "

I stutter, fumbling my words " E-eighty four is still a good score.. "

" A good score!? Have you forgotten who you are, young lady!? "

She comes closer to me, holding out a score sheet. She continues shouting, but every word just blurs together, like static on a radio.

I couldn't stand the constant shouting, the constant judgement, how worthless I feel every time anymore. I am not going to be pushed around anymore!

I snap at her. " Shut up! I don't care anymore! I want to do what I want, what I take interest in, I want to be a NORMAL teenager, I want to have my own friends, and my own free time! "

I'd roar back, she stood there astounded. She attempted to say something back, her blood boiling at this point. It's now that my siblings poke their heads into the door, both looking equally as shocked as the other.

" And do you know what I'd like most? " I'd pause, venom laced in my words. " To never have to answer to you AGAIN. " Id point in her direction, it looked as if steam was coming out of her ears she was that mad.

I'd grab my bag, shove in my notebook, a few pens and all of my Azura books

I'd glare at Odalia, then storm out, going down the stairs of the blight manor then slamming the large front doors behind me.

I ran off into the nearby woodland area, wanting to be anywhere but that wretched hell hole I called home. I stumble upon an old shack.

" Huh. I've never seen this before? " I tilt my head, inspecting the old shack, suddenly I hear a noise. Something rustling in the bushes.

I panic, frantically searching for the source of the sound, when I see a black cat appear. It circles me before nuzzling against my leg and purring.

" Aweee. Look how cute you are! "

I'd grin, crouching down to pet the cat, when it jumped onto my back, causing me to loose balance falling flat onto my face