Where's your coffee been?

It's been a long shift for both Haerin and Minji. It's not even that it's been boring– the morning and afternoon rush hours started early and ended late.

"I'm dying," Haerin whines.

"I know, I know. We can close early, though," Minji says with a laugh. "In fact, I'll start cleaning up now so we can get out of here sooner. Think you can girl it out, up here by yourself?"

Haerin sighs and nods.

Minji wipes up some tables and then heads to the back to check the inventory.

The front door opens and a girl dressed entirely in black walks in.

If this was a cartoon, she'd literally have a cloud over her head, Haerin muses.

"Hello, welcome to Where's Your Coffee Been," Haerin greets as brightly as she can, hoping to snap this girl out of her funk.

The girl freezes at Haerin's cheerful tone and seems to actually contemplate turning around and leaving the store. She sighs heavily and walks to the counter.

"It's too early for this," she groans.

Haerin frowns. "It's nine o'clock."

"Exactly."

"At night."

"Exactly."

Haerin lets out a huff and takes a deep breath, trying to maintain her composure.

"Anyway, what can I get you?"

"Something with less judgment," she snaps.

"Sorry, that costs extra," Haerin retorts.

This seems to shock the girl a bit and she stares at Haerin. "You're feisty," she comments.

"And you still haven't told me what you want," Haerin says, offering a small smile.

She laughs. "Large coffee, black with sugar."

Haerin nods and grabs a cup and a marker. "Name?"

The girl looks around the store. "I'm the only one here."

"Name?" Haerin repeats, smug.

"Hey, Y/n," Minji greets, wiping down the counter as Haerin starts making the drink.

"Ah, there you are," Y/n says. "And here I was thinking I would be stuck dealing with this sassy little ginger the whole time."

"The sassy little ginger has a name," Haerin grumbles. She holds out a cup. "And now you have your coffee."

Y/n cocks her head to the side with a smirk. "But I never gave you my name," she notes, clearly checking out Haerin's name tag.

"I kinda figured that when Minji called you 'Y/n,' that it was your name. And I didn't want to have to deal with you any more than I had to," Haerin replies.

Minji Lets out a snicker and pats Haerin on the head. "Down, Kang," she says, amused.

"She started it," Haerin mumbles.

"Anyway, you can go and wait in the library lobby. I'll head over for this study session after I finish up here, okay?" Minji says to Y/n.

She nods. "See you around, Minji." Her eyes wander back over to Haerin and she shoots her a wink. "Bye, cutie."

Haerin scowls at her until Y/n leaves the store.

Minji looks over at her and chuckles when she sees that Haerin's scowl remains.