Stolen kisses

"You have ink on your fingers."

Haerin pulls away and Y/n watches as her nose crinkles, eyes narrowing even as a smile plays at the corners of her swollen lips. Her gaze is soft with affection and the ends of one of her hair tickles Y/n's cheek when she leans back.

"Is that really what you want to say to the girl who's making out with you?"

"It's distracting," Y/n draws up their hands from where they are tangled together at their sides and brushes her thumb tenderly over the long line of red inks on her girlfriend's index finger.

"Distracting enough to stop me from doing this?" Haerin crowds against her again and Y/n's eyes widen, darting up when Haerin presses her back into the bookshelf, their bodies close. Her lips skate over Y/n's jawline, a ghosting touch and Y/n's head falls back, barely catching the groan that trips out of her throat.

Haerin laugh is soft and quiet in her ear and she feels the flush climbing up her neck and settling in her cheeks.

"No," Her voice is strangled, "no, I guess not."

"Didn't think so," Haerin presses a kiss to the spot beneath her ear and Y/n's legs tremble when they are interrupted by the warning bell sounding through the library.

This time she can't catch her groan and Haerin is grinning when she pulls away to meet Y/n's eyes again.

"Why do you look so happy?" Y/n grouches, scowling as Haerin pushes away and bends to collect her backpack, discarded on the floor beside them.

"I have algebra," Haerin shrugs and Y/n feels her lips tilt up into an unwilling smile as her girlfriend blushes, suddenly shy.

She crosses her arms, letting her eyes lazily track Haerin's movements. "And?"

"I like algebra, okay?" Haerin is still blushing, flustered as she tucks a stray strand of hair behind her ear. She catches sight of Y/n's grin and huffs, "What? Don't laugh at me!"

"I'm not," Y/n hooks her fingers into the belt loops on Haerin's jeans and she allows herself to be pulled closer again, her hands resting on Y/n's shoulders. "You're adorable."

Haerin fights her smile, ducking her head and grumbling, "I like algebra, leave me alone."

Y/n's fingers fit beneath her chin and Haerin looks up willingly. "I like you."

She rolls her eyes, hitting gently at Y/n's shoulder, but there is a heat to her cheeks that makes Y/n smile. "You're a sap." She reels in, presses a chaste kiss to Y/n's lips and then inches out of her grasp. Y/n watches, reluctant to leave their dark corner, as Haerin hitches her backpack more firmly onto her shoulders. When Haerin catches her staring, she doesn't look away and Haerin bites back her smile. "Come on, we should get to class."

"You just don't want to be late to algebra," Y/n jibes, playfully and Haerin watches her with a raised eyebrow as she grabs her backpack.

"Of course I don't," She hesitates, looking suddenly shy again and Y/n waits patiently as she gathers the courage to speak. "Hey, I was wondering..." Her eyes flicker up and Y/n gives her a small, reassuring smile, reaching out to tangle their fingers together and squeeze softly. "I have a chess tournament this weekend. It's the regional championships... I know it's kind of nerdy but I was wondering..."

"I'd love to come," Y/n leans in and places a quick kiss to her cheek, squeezing her fingers again.

"Really?" Haerin's eyes light up and Y/n feels as if she could be swallowed by them. "Thank you!" She throws her arms around Y/n's neck and Y/n curls her arms around her waist, nose pressing into her neck to breathe in the soft, candied scent she knows so well.