viii

...
some hours in the
Heartslabyul dormitory
...

The red head and the two trouble making first years stands face to face each other inside a twisted and black, red and white color court room.

The redhead holding a staff with the stands on a tall podium looking down on the first years. The air was tense and thin, Deuce could feel a bead of sweat running down his cheek.

Up on the tall podium stands a glaring redhead, his eyes were widen filled it with anger and disappointment, "Vioalting the rules so soon after enrollment? This uears freshmen have yet to know their place."

The two first years gulped, Deuce respectfully bowed his head down while still maintaining a straight posture. "Our sincerest apologies." he said.

'They're scolding me on my first day here! I'm so sorry mom!'

"Starting now, I will enforce those rules." The redhead announced,

"ALL PRESENT SHALL STAND."

the first years looked at the dormleader in shock, everyone in the court room stood up,

"Yes, dormleader!!"

All of the heartslabyul students responded. The students marched to the center of the court. Their hands tucked behind their back. The ginger went to the back and after a while, he brought out a cart with something hidden behind a white cloth.

The cart was placed in the middle center right in front of the podium, taking of the white fabric, revealing four little hedgehogs with different colors.

From the tall podium the redhead shouted, "Now Sing. The crocodile song!" The two first years looked at the redhead in shock and disbelief.

"You do know it, don't you?" The redhead raised a brow asking the two, "the traditional nursery rhyme from the famed wonderland?"

Ace looked at the redhead still in disbelief, "I mean, I know it. But why?" He asked, his eyes narrowed at the redhead, not knowing if he was joking or not.

The stern face softened into a cold yet semi-patience one, "Bear in mind rule 304 of the decrees: On the day the hedgehog sneezes, all card soldiers must gather and preform a song. You two still haven't made up for your earlier absence." The redhead stated.

"You brought all of us here. To sing?" Ace said confused, he looked at the redhead in doubt, making all of the other students stare at him in disbelief. The last shred of patience was slowly but sternly deteriorating, "Just to do that, you say???" His nose scrunched up and his brows furrowed down, he was furious.

The two juniors looked at the the first years, "Come on. Stand up." The greenette said in a cold tone. "Just sing already. That is, if you want your collars removed, yeah?" The ginger tried to mimic the stern tone, yet it turned out cold and playful.

The two shuddered and gulped, they looked at each other and nodded. The two stood up with their arms to their side. They began to sing.

"How doth the little Crocodile~
Improve his shining tail~"

"And pour the water of Nile~ On every golden scale!"