Barbie POV: The First Catwalk

I sighed. It had taken me forever to get the gorgetastic outfit together for the gala, but of course I just had to be pushed into the chocolate fondue fountain. I curiously looked over my shoulder to see who the culprit was. I was shocked to lock eyes with my friend Raquelle. I studied her vibrant red silk dress. Her sapphire studded straps glistened and brought out her shining brown eyes.

"Hey Barbie," she said, sounding extremely annoyed. Though I wondered why, I thought we were friends!

"Hey Raquelle! It's nice seeing you at my gala! Can I do anything for you?" I asked her. I hoped I could be of assistance. I stood up and stepped out of the fountain. I knew everyone would just figure it was a new look I was pulling off. So I didn't care about changing right then. I chuckled as I remembered the soup incident. Funny enough, Raquelle was there then, too.

"Yeah actually, you can. How about you and I go for a walk? Maybe you can give me some modeling tips?" she suggested with a sly grin.

"Yeah let's go! Let me just do a quick switch-a-roo!" I told her. Then I quickly turned around and switched outfits. The switch-a-roo was one of my many talents.

She held out her hand and I grabbed it as we started to head to the courtyard. I was touched by her offer to spend some quality time with me. I feel like we haven't hung out much recently. I had just been so busy with my modeling. What's a girl gonna do?

I heard her shiny heels clack against the cold ballroom floor. As we stepped out onto the stone pathway, I felt the chilled air brush against my face, sending a shiver up my neck. I instinctively gravitated toward Raquelle for warmth. I thought about how Raquelle always seemed to be there for me. She was always around, but were we really as close as I hoped we were?

"So Barbie, what's been up with you?" she said, turning in my direction. I stalled a little before responding to her out-of-the-blue question. I thought we were giving modeling tips?

"To be honest, I haven't been the best lately. I think Ken and I might break up soon," I admitted. I secretly hoped Raquelle didn't mind me suddenly gushing about my relationship status with Ken.

"Oh um, I'm sorry to hear that," She said looking at the ground. I couldn't tell what she was feeling, since her face was turned away from my direction. But, quickly changing the subject, I asked what she had been doing.

"Well, I have been doing pretty well. I think Ryan has moved on from you though. Anytime I bring you up he sighs." she said.

"Huh! How strange." I knew it wasn't like Ryan to suddenly move on from anyone. I remember in eighth grade he had a huge crush on Nicki. When she rejected him, he whined about it to Ken for weeks! I wondered if he found another girl that he liked. "Good for him! I'm glad to hear that!" I smiled. Having so many clingy fans all the time was tiring, so Raquelle was a breath of fresh air. I noticed how at ease I felt with her, even if she didn't seem to feel the same way.

I've always admired Raquelle. She was always so confident and wasn't afraid to be herself. Not only that but she was beautiful. Her hair was so shiny and her eyes sparkled with her jewelry in the moonlight.

"I love your dress, by the way," I said. "Where did you get it? It looks so familiar!"

She blushed and looked away. "It's actually from your line. 2020 Gorgelicious Formal Wear?"

"Of course! One of my favorites!" I smiled. I was so flattered that Raquelle herself was wearing one of my dresses. "Actually, I took inspiration from you for that dress," I admitted.

"Really? Don't flatter me!" She yelled. Even if she was mad, she started laughing only moments later. "Well, I'm glad we had this talk Barbie! See you at the next show! Remember, I'm modeling for you." I waved as she turned to walk away.