Raquelle POV: Something Unexpected

My mind raced as I walked away. Barbie had always been nice to me, but why? My eyes locked on the floor in front of me, so much so that I bumped right into Ryan. He wasn't looking at me though. He was dancing with Ken. I thought about how Barbie said she and Ken were drifting apart and thought this must be why. Argh! Why did my own brother have to steal my man?

Did I ever really like Ken, though? Maybe I just wanted Barbie's attention. No- that can't be right. Barbie is stupid and means nothing to me. She's just my enemy, the villain in my story. But she didn't have to be.

The next morning, I woke up extra early in my luxurious hotel room. My alarm read 4:00 am when I I threw off my covers and grabbed my silly string. I snuck downstairs, avoiding anyone I could. As I passed the butler, I grabbed the keys from his pocket and ran. As I approached the backstage area, I read a sign on the door that said "Barbie Runway Backstage: Only those Approved Beyond this Point". I ignored it and fumbled with the keys as I creaked open the door. The hallway light shone onto the gowns on the rack. They were rather pretty. I almost felt bad ruining them. Oh, well. It was all going to plan. I pulled out the silly string and blasted it all over them as quietly as I could. Suddenly, I heard footsteps outside of the door. I froze and ducked behind the door as I spotted the iconic ponytail in the figure's shadow. Barbie was here.

She stepped in, her low heels clicking. She hummed the Muffin Song to herself in bliss as she flicked on the lights. I heard her gasp as she saw the silly string covered gowns, then she ran away crying.

Part of me wanted to feel victorious. I had done it! But I didn't. I felt bad. My instincts made me run after Barbie down the velvet hallway. I saw her run toward her room covering her tearful face, but I could see it. Her mascara ran down her cheeks and her eyes were red.

Once I thought about it, it made sense she was upset. She must have worked so hard on those dresses. I followed from a distance as she opened the door. All of the sudden, she jumped back in shock.

"Ken? How could you!" she exclaimed. As I stepped closer, I saw into the room what Barbie was seeing. Ken and Ryan were sitting on the bed holding each other in a kiss. They turned to see Barbie.

"Barbie, wait! I can explain!" Ken said, but Barbie was having none of it. She burst into more tears and ran towards the courtyard. I ran after her. I wasn't surprised, but I didn't think Ken was the type to cheat.

Once I caught up with her, she was sitting by the hedge maze, crying her eyes out. I sat down next to her and acted oblivious.

"Oh my gosh! Barbie, what's wrong?" I asked in concern. She simply leaned over on my shoulder, soaking my shirt with tears. I would usually cringe in disgust, but I couldn't this time. I instead held her close. I could barely understand what she was saying.

"Ken is cheating on me! I knew we weren't staying together much longer, but with Ryan? I feel so betrayed!" she admitted through hiccups. I pretended to be shocked.

"With Ryan? I can't believe it! I'm so sorry, Barbie. That's just terrible," I said softly. I really did mean that last part. For everything.

"It's alright. It's just my final reason to leave him. I'm not even sure I knew him now. First my gowns are ruined, and now this? Gosh, I can't take it anymore! Thank you, Raquelle. You've always been here for me," she smiled. She looked into my eyes and held my face. Suddenly, she started to lean in for a kiss. Wait- what? I couldn't do this. Did I like her? Maybe, but I haven't even been honest with her.

Before I knew it I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her in. I felt her glossed lips brush mine as she held me tighter. She pulled away for a minute and I felt her breath on my skin. What was I doing? I couldn't stop myself from leaning in for another as my face pressed up against hers. I stared into her shining ocean orbs.