New Job ~ Chapter 2

-Arabella's POV-

After I got from school I just chilled in house all day. I didn't really have anything to do. I hope Jasmine calls me sometime today, at least that will give me something to do. I was about to go put on a baseball game till I heard running and yelling outside my window. I know it wasn't right to be nosy but there's nothing better to do.

I got up from the couch and opened the curtain. I only left a little space because I don't want to get caught. I kept looking for the noise till I saw Benny. He was with the neighbor that moved in town last summer. They were running down the street. They each had a glove and Benny had a bat.

I kept looking out the window then I heard a loud ringing sound. I jumped almost falling on my a*s. Sh*t why is the phone so loud. Once I got back to my normal self I went to the phone.

"Hello?" I said playing with the cord nervously. I hope this was Jasmine.

"H-hey is this the Hills phone?" The other line asked. Their voice sounded really soft but I can't tell who it is.

"Yes, who is this?" I asked

She sighed in relief, "This is Jasmine. Are you Arabella?"

Yes finally jasmine called me, "Hey Jasmine and yes this is Arabella."

We talked for about and hour before we had to go eat dinner. We said our goodbyes and hung up. Jasmine was a pretty cool person and I hope we get closer this summer. I started up dinner so when my parents come back from work it wouldn't take forever to make food.

⚾️

Me and my parents were sitting down at the table in silence.

"So how was work?" I asked taking a bite of my mashed potatoes

"Good. We got a new coworker in." My mom said taking a sip of her water

"Good." Dad replied

I nodded my head.

"So honey you know now that it is summer." She looked at my dad, "We decided that it's time for you to get a job."

I just stared at her. Ugh I really didn't want a job but I guess I don't have much of an option. "Okay do I have to take a job interview tomorrow?"

"There's no need. Instead I found you a babysitting job." Mom said smiling showing off her purely whites

I almost choked on my chicken. Babysitting?! I was the worst babysitter ever. "Mom you know I'm bad at babysitting."

"Well we thought you would be good since you always babysat your cousins, Katie and Mary."

I groaned, "So who am I gonna babysit?"

"Oh just 2 boys in our neighborhood." She said

I sighed, "ok I suppose it won't be that bad." Or so I thought

"Oh I almost forgot they have a baby boy as well." Dad said. He has a smirk written on his face.

This time I actually choked on my chicken. A baby?!

"Oh cmon it's not gonna be that bad." My mom said, "It will only last a few hours."

I slumped in my seat. I was not looking forward to tommorow.

⚾️

I was walking to the address I have to babysat at. Once I made it the right house it was pretty nice looking. It was a bright yellow house it was only a one story but it looked pretty big. Once I made it to the doorstep I was shaking. I wasn't really good at meeting new people but I guess I have to. I sighed then I rang the doorbell. 'You got this.' I say to myself.