Girl Time ~ Chapter 5

-Arabella's POV-

I stomped my whole way home till I saw a familiar two story white house come into view. I can't believe those boys were spying me! I feel uncomfortable thinking about it, I had a sports bra and spandex on and they all saw me.

All I feel is utter embarrassment and betrayal. I thought those boys were my friends. I mean I should've knew something was going on, Benny was acting strange ever since he stepped foot on the sandlot. I opened my bedroom door and face planted onto my bed.

I groan, today is going to be so boring. It's only 11:00. I have nothing to do. Nothing.

My face was still stuffed into my pillows. I was trying to think of something to do for the next few hours. After 2 minutes I found the perfect idea.

I went to the kitchen, where my phone is located. I dialed Jasmines saved number and the phone ringed.

-Time skip still Arabella's POV-

"Hey jasmine!" I greeted her

I have decided to go to the mall with Jasmine and hang out with her.

"Hey Arabella!" She hugged, I returned the gesture, "Thank you so much for inviting me! I don't think I can last another minute at my house alone."

I am so glad that Jasmine warmed up to me quickly.

I chuckled, "I would rather be home then have my start of a summer."

We started walking around looking to see if any stores caught our eye.

"What's wrong with your summer?" She asked

"Don't even me started," I laughed, "I had to watch Kenny's little brothers and those boys are brats."

She laughed along when I told her all about my adventure babysitting them. I decided not to tell her about the whole sandlot situation, I didn't want to embarrass the boys like that. Yeah I know I'm mad at them but I wouldn't want anyone doing that to me.

Me and her have been shopping for about 2 hours. She had about 3 bags in each arm. I only have 1.

"Ooh let's go in here!" I pointed to a baseball store

"Baseball? Really?" She said unamused

"Please! I'll let you pick any store you want if you let me go in here for just once." I begged

She rolled her eyes, "Fine."

I clapped my hands a big grin on my face.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her in the shop. I looked around in awe.

"Are you lost?" A voice said kicking me out of my trance

It was Phillips.

"No." I said blankly

He laughed slightly, "This is a baseball store princess. The dress store is that way." He pointed to a store across from us

I sighed, sexist pig.

At the same time I was relieved to see he doesn't know I play baseball. So maybe not everyone heard Penelope.

"I can go pick you out a dress if you'd like. You know blue would really compliment your eyes." I smirked

He scoffed, "Dresses are for girls, not men."

"Yeah that's why I offered to get you one." I winked.

Jasmines has her arms crossed she looked amused at the interaction going on.

"Whatever. Just leave." He stated

"Nah I think I'm good." I pushed past him and continued to look around. Who does he think he is telling me to leave

He seemed taken back but brushed it off and went with his friends.

Jasmine went next to me and looked around as well. She didn't look very happy to be in here.

"I'm sorry for dragging you in here. We can leave if you want." I offered. I was hoping she wouldn't want to leave, this was the only store I actually enjoyed being in.

"No it's alright. Just don't take too long." She smiled

"I won't I promise."

I got a babe Ruth poster and a LA dodgers hat.

When I was ready to check out the male worker was very judgmental. Probably because a girl is in a "boys store".I brushed off his sour mood, I wanted to have a good day with Jasmine.

Once we left the store Jasmine said, "I'm hungry can we stop at the food court? And my arms are killing me from carrying all of this bags."

I nodded, "Yes please."

We got our food and sat down at an empty table.

"So are you excited to be dancing together this summer?" I asked taking a bite of my fry

"Oh my god yes! I can't wait!" She said

"I know right! I heard we are each going to do a solo!"

"I know! Also I was wondering if you maybe...want to ask to do a duet. I understand if you don't but I feel like it could be fun." She asked. She seems a tad bit nervous.

"Umm...absolutely! I love doing duets with you. We are both good dancers and we are both in sync." I said

She smiles brightly, "Same we work great together!"

I nodded my head.

A/n- the chapter is a little short but I wanted Jasmine and Arabella to be closer and show the relationship with Phillips. I know nobody is going see this anyways so bye. I love you non-existent readers.