Chapter 2: Borebacks Fight

Hothead:

"Watch out," Jump yells. Turning and looking behind me, I see a black and brown boreback charging toward me. As it charges, it leaps into the air and starts to spin. Spinning faster and faster, it turns into a blur before shooting toward me.

"Oh crud," I say, lowering my sword and holding the blade with my hand. The boreback hits my sword and pushes me back. Despite my best efforts, the boreback knocks me to the ground. Screaming as my back hits the dirt, I look up to see the boreback snarling as it lands back on the ground. It splits before charging at me. Jumping and about to hits me with its sharpened tusk, a pair of metal hands shoot out from the side and grab them.

"Thanks," I say, shooting Shocker a nod as he pushes the boreback away from me. Shocker nods back at me before rising his hand and slamming it down on the boreback's head. The beast snarls one last time before it dies.

Hearing something coming from above me, I look up and see Jump falling down from the leaves. She lands right between Shocker and me and raises her wrist-mounted crossbow.

"Thank you too," I say, slapping Jump on her back. "Even though I did get hit."

"Don't mention it," Jump replies with a smile. "By the way, we're not done yet. There's more!"

Jump nods her head and Shocker and I turn to see more borebacks coming out from behind the trees.

"Ha," I say, preparing myself. I lower and hold my sword between us and all the borebacks. "I had tougher fights when I was just a novice."

"In that case," Jump says, stepping forth. "Let's make this fast. Class is about to start and the headmaster won't be happy if we're late again. He already hates us."

Shocker hits my arms and nods his head.

"Charge," I yell, pulling back my sword as my friends and I run forward. The borebacks snarl as they charge toward the three of us. The three of us running our own way, I find myself surrounded from all sides by borebacks.

Once more, they snarl as they jump and spin. Shooting toward me, I jump out of the way of the first boreback before swinging my sword and destroying the second. It collapses onto the ground. The other borebacks all see this and turn to face me. Their eyes turn even redder and they all jump and spin. Only seconds from shooting toward me, I focus on my gift. I close my eyes and take in a deep breath. As I do, bright red flames form on the blade of my sword. Opening my eyes, I see a massive fire on my sword. Just as the borebacks shoot toward me, I raise my sword and scream as I stab the ground beneath me.

A fiery eruption heats up and knocks all the boreback back. They're leaving behind a trail of faded white smoke as they disappear, only a few hitting the trees and falling to the ground.

"Whoo," I yell, holding up my sword. "Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! Yes! Nothing better than an early morning fight."

Shocker:

The borebacks squeak as I use my gift to electrify my metal arms. They fall one after the other as I hit and destroy them.

Holding a boreback by its tusks, I rise and throw it into the air. With the boreback's underbelly exposed, I pull back my fist and punch it in its weak spot. However, as I watch the boreback fly through the air, I hear something coming up from behind me. Turning around, I see another boreback running toward me. Before I could stop it, it rams into me, knocking and cutting my jacket.

Falling to the ground, the boreback lands on me and tries to cut me with its sharpened tusks. Before it can, I place both my hands on its head and use my gift to electrocute the boreback. It screams as it lights up the whole forest. After a minute or so, I throw the smoking boreback off of myself.