Chapter 4: Travel Companions

Hothead:

"Attention all passengers," the announcer says through the speakers above. "The hover traincraft to Yellow Sun Academy will be arriving shortly. Please remember to stand behind the barrier until the traincraft had come to a complete stop."

Looking at the blue barrier as it keeps everyone away from the tracks, I shake off the weariness in my arm. It's early in the morning and the hover traincraft station is crowded with a bunch of other students. Unlike me, they look happy and awake. Surprisingly, even Jump and Shocker look awake.

"Ahh," I cry, "I hope the traincraft gets here soon. My bags are getting heavy."

Besides the two large bags I'm carrying, I also have to shake the weariness off my back.

"I don't get it. Jump and I are both at least carrying a few months' worths of clothing. How come you only have a small bag on your back?"

Shocker replies with a shrug of his shoulders. He shows me the strap across his jacket and the small black bag on his back. It's not even half the size of the bags I'm holding.

"I still can't believe it," Jump says, pulling the car with all her luggage closer. "We're actually going to Yellow Sun Academy. I mean, this is for real. This isn't a dream. Even my parents couldn't believe it."

"Same here," I say. "When I got home, my parents didn't even let me sit down before they started to ask me a bunch of questions. They wanted to know everything, and I mean everything."

"What did you tell them," Jump asks.

"I told them Headmaster Noah offered the three of us a scholarship to Yellow Sun Academy, and that he wanted us to start packing. The moment my parents heard that they grabbed everything I had and threw it into these bags."

"Likewise," Jump says with a nod of her head. "Only, my parents got me a cart."

I shake my head at the cart.

"Lucky," I say.

It's only a few minutes later when the massive, black and red hover traincraft arrives, riding on the single track above it. As it comes to a complete stop, the barrier drops down and everyone starts to head inside.

"Where are we sitting," I ask, dragging my bags with me. I let them go and reach into my jacket pocket for the ticket the Headmaster send us. "Uhh, train number 3. Room number 12. Let's go."

"Wait, what," Jump says, stopping me. "I don't train number 3. I have train number 2. Room number 10."

"No way," I say. "That can't be right."

Jump shakes her head and shows me her ticket.

"You're right," I say. "Hold on. Shocker, let me see your ticket."

Shocker reaches into his pocket and hands me his traincraft ticket.

"Train number 5. Room number 7. Shoot. I can't believe this. We all have different rooms. Heck, we all have train numbers. That's suck."

Shocker shrugs his shoulder. He takes back his ticket and starts to walk off.

"Well," Jump says with a sigh. "I'll guess I'll see you when we get to Yellow Sun."

Jump disappears through a door pulling her luggage behind her. Meanwhile, I have to take a deep breath before carrying my heavy bags again.

Shocker:

I walk into the last train of the hover traincraft. Finding room number 7 in the very back after I walk past all the other rooms, I step onto the mat on the floor. The wooden door slides open and I enter a large room with white walls and a single window. Beside the window, I see a girl already sitting in one of the red seats.