V

***

"Ant, I just heard some bad fucking news!" Tally yelled when she strutted through the door. She approached me slowly and sat down beside me. I watched her warily, almost in tune to what she would say next.

"What happened?" I asked her softly. I already had a feeling that she would find out at some point. Tray wasn't an exactly unknown figure in Chicago.

So, I expected that a lot of people would ask questions about where he was. But, just as I suspected, she had been talking about him because the next words that came out of her mouth gave me goose bumps.

"Tray went missing."

"I know that," I answered almost instantly. "After you dropped me off , he came over to see me. He was telling me about how he had to leave the city cause of some shit that he was dealing with. Apparently he crossed a group of dudes and now they wanna kill him."

"Damn," she cringed.

"Don't tell nobody though. Pretend like I ain't even tell you," I instructed her.

"I won't," she said without a doubt. "I'm sorry he left though. I know how much you liked him and all, even though you told me you was gone leave him." Then, something clicked in her eyes. "I almost forgot...who's car is that parked outside my house?"

"Trays—well it's mine now. He gave it to me before he left."

"Damn, that nice ass car? I ain't know he was comin like that. You lucky hoe," she said playfully. I assumed that she was trying to cheer me up but I hadn't really been in the mood for playing.

We went a few minutes without talking. I was just laying down on my stomach and she was sitting on her phone doing something. "How did the sale go?" I decided to break the silence.

"Decent, low key. Cig said he was happy that I did good, but that he wanna talk to me, and his ass told me he wanted me to drive all the way out to Hinsdale. It gotta be important cause he told me to bring you too."

I ain't like that one bit.

"And he ain't say why?" I questioned her eagerly.

"Naw," she shook her head. "We should probably start heading out there now, and we taking yo car bitch. I need to see the inside of that shit."

"Hell no! Cig know I can't afford a car like that and he gone start asking questions. We can take your basic car. What is it again? A Honda?" I said jokingly.

"Not too much on my baby," she chuckled. I tried to play it like I wasn't nervous but that would be a damn lie.

Why would he want me to come too? I wasn't involved in what he and Tally had going on. The endless reasons to why he wanted me there made my stomach churn.

└──────┘

The ride to Cig's house lasted for a little over an hour. I had never been to his house. It probably had something to do with the fact that it was farther than what I was used to traveling.

As we passed by all of the big houses, I felt myself in awe of the beautiful structures. Honestly, I deserved to live like this.