XVI

I sat in complete silence as Kyron paced back and forth in his living room. I didn't even know what to say. Shit, I couldn't say anything.

After seeing what I had just seen, I ain't think I would ever be the same. Just thinking about the details of what they did to that nigga made me wanna throw up.

But, I knew it was necessary, so I was trying not to trip too much.

The way Kyron was moving was making me nervous so I got up and grabbed his shirt so that he could look at me.

"Everything good," I tried to reassure him. The look that he was giving me told me he ain't believe a word I had said.

"That nigga knows about you," he said. "How is that shit cool?"

I didn't say anything. Then, he went right back to pacing. I didn't know why I was trying to be optimistic about the situation. I knew that I was more of a damn target now that Cig knew.

If I had just took extra precautions then this shit probably wouldn't be happening right now. I knew Cig enough to know that he wasn't gonna let this shit go.

After what he heard me say...it was no coming back from that. Then, I couldn't stop thinking about Tally. What the fuck was she gone say?

It was like I could picture her right now just looking at me with all types of judgement. I tried to push those thoughts out of my head but they just kept on coming.

So, I got up and went to hug Kyron. I knew physical contact would calm both of us down. When I touched him, it was like he had turned into a completely different person. Because I could make him feel better, it made me feel better.

He melted into the hug and just nuzzled my neck.

"Imma kill that Nigga if he touch you," he said to me so roughly that it probably would've scared me if I didn't know him the way that I did. "All of 'em."

I believed him and every word he had said.

But, then he said something that set me off.

"I'm about to get you outta Chicago."

"What?" I said, pulling away from him. "I'm not going nowhere."

"Man, yes the fuck you is," he said, like there was no room to argue. But, it definitely was. I was about to argue the fuck out of this man.

"Kyron!" I raised my voice so he could hear how serious I was about this. "We supposed to be in this shit together. I'm not scared of Cig ass, or any one of his clowns."

"Ant, you not understanding where I'm coming from. This Nigga finna go to war with us. This shit ain't no game, and I'm not finna argue with 'yo lil ass about it, either."

I was about to say something but he cut me off. "You going...end of discussion," he said with a shrug.

"Nope, I'm not," I shrugged too, which only made him even more mad. Then, almost like he knew shit was about to get real, the dude whose name I remembered to be clutch walked into the room.

Clutch eyed both me and Kyron before he finally focused all of his attention on him. "Ole dude passed out," he spoke.

Kyron looked at Clutch and then at me like he was considering something. Then, he said, "Wait til he wake up, 'den send Cig his fucking head," so bluntly.

I almost choked on my spit.

Clutch ain't look phased, so I tried my best to keep a straight mug. But, I knew they both could tell I was tripping on the inside.