Ch 6

Griffin was walking in the halls of the academy, looking more dead than usual. 

He had not slept the previous night. His brain was bugging him, telling him that something was gonna screw up his peace of mind the next day and thus keeping him all night. He even got a headache!

"Haah...what does it take for a guy to have some peace around here?" He groaned, pushing the door open to the alchemy lab. The freshman class he was supposed to be teaching were already assembled, standing in their stations. This particular class was filled with egotistic children with their noses in the air. How exciting...

"Good morning sir!" Their excited voices rang out.

"...Lower your voices, it's only 7 in the godamn morning. Good morning, I'll be assigning your work stations now."

Groans and loud voices of refusal were the response he received.

"Don't give those looks. If you are with friends, you'll keep yapping and screw up."

"Sir, we promise we won't do such a thing!" A female student.

As more students shouted their agreement to her statement, Griffin felt his already horrible headache getting worse with each new voice.

"Oros! Alright!" He finally shouted "Stay in your bloody spots next to your little friends! But if there is ANY disaster caused by any of you then I'm assigning stations. Do you hear me?!"

"YES SIR!!"

'They're just children. You can't kill them. They are stupid, they don't know any better. Just calm down. Remember, you can't kill them. Come on Griffin, just relax.'

He took a deep breath and started the lesson.

"This class, as you know is the Alchemy and Potions class. We will be beginning with the potions aspect since it will be easier for your ostrich brains to understand."

The class was filled with murmurs.

"Why is he so rude? Isn't he a teacher?"

"What's he so tired for? He's a noble. They just sit around, drink tea and eat snacks while gossiping the whole day. He has nothing to be tired for."

"Is this seriously our senior's favorite teacher? He seems like an asshole to me."

"I know right? He's acting as if he's better than us!"

"I'm not acting like I'm better than you, I AM better than you. How about you keep your mouths shut and maybe learn how to properly whisper before making such big talk, then you can try to be a know it all. Now eyes on me." Griffin said, calling them out.

"Tch. Jerk." A particularly 'bold' student said.

"Can't you make this easier for me? I'm trying my best not to clock you little brats in the face and you're making it really hard to control myself."

"What?!"

"What?"

The class was silent. Their teacher wanted to what?!

"Oh~? So THAT'S what would make you silent now? Threats? Okay, good to know. Now turn to page nine. You will be attempting the color changing potion."

"That one? Sir, that's for little kids!"

"With the way you all whine and complain, one would think you are little kids. Now get on with the assignment. Since you all are such smart asses, you can do just fine without instructions from a jerk like me."

Griffin then sat down, motion them to try and concoct the simple potion, a smug face challenging them.

And try they did. Some looking more smug than him as they placed their vials with their potion down on their station.

"1...2...3.."

"What's he counting for?" One of the previous smug students asked.

Just then-

BOOM!

A few vials exploded. One was leaking, some kind of froth erupting out of it. Another one started making theses weird pop sounds while another froze over before completely shattering.

"And there we have it."

The horrified students looked at their teacher's amused expression. "Looks like you weren't able to concoct a potion that is a kid's level, really how pathetic."

He stood up walking towards the mess. "And you call yourselves SilverBlade Academy Students. You all are an embarrassment to the academy name."

"HOW DARE YOU! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!" An enraged student yelled "I am Fredrick Hemwhith, son of a Count! And you? A mere baron dare call a noble of higher ranking such as I an embarrassment?!"

"Are you talking to me, kid?"

"Of course peasant! I can have your measly title taken away!"

"Right, I forgot to introduce myself."

Griffin cleared his throat before speaking "My name is Griffin Stoneberg. It was not a pleasure to be of acquaintance."

"...Stoneberg..?" The previously angry boy muttered, fear coursing through his veins.

"Does that name ring a bell? Jeez, I wasn't aware I was going to be baron in the future, my family should have given me a week's notice about that, huh?"

"I-I-I.."

"Y-Y-You what?"

But the boy couldn't speak.

"This class was a waste of my time."

He picked up his belongings before walking out the door.

"Oh yeah I almost forgot..."  He said popping back in briefly.

"You are all expelled."

He gave them a closed eye smile. "Have a not so great day now. Bye."

And wasn't that satisfactory? The alchemy lab then was overflowing with froth. Seems like that one vial finally started it's secondary reaction stage. Screaming students piled out of the room also covered with the froth.

"Burns doesn't it?" He said, an evil grin on his face. Laughing, he walked to the headmaster's office to inform him of the class's expulsion.

"I know it was supposed to be a disaster, but this is the one time I'll let the alchemy lab exploding slide." He laughed finally walking out of the office.

"At least, I can go home early. I could use some sleep."

Griffin usually preferred a peaceful life, but sometimes the fun of chaos was also a welcome occurrence.