Chapter 12

My birthday arrived soon and like he promised Charlie came too. I hugged him and smiled brightly. One by one the other guests arrived and we sat down and ate cake. After that, I unwrapped my presents. I got much for my new job as a musician and some memory books. Also, I got a Nokia muggle handy from Arthur because I wished for it. Now I could go under the muggles and show them my music. I can't say that I communicate over owls. It was a great day and we all had a lot of fun.
The next day I said my family and friends goodbye and went with Charlie to Romania. I cried a little and dad too. I hugged them all tightly. My suitcases were in my bag together with my instruments and some other things I couldn't leave behind.
Soon we arrived in Romania and were welcomed by the whole team.
„Hey, I'm Y/n Lupin." I introduced myself and suddenly most of them got big eyes.
„Wow Charlie. Always single but your first girlfriend is famous. Nice." Someone said.
„Yeah, I'm the luckiest guy alive." He said smiling.
„That's cute of you." I said smiling.
„We want to do a campfire later, care to join?" Someone asked. I looked at Charlie and smiled.
„We'll come." He then said.
„Great." Ben said.
Then Charlie showed me our tent and I unpacked my suitcases. We got a tent to ourselves. Charlie had to work and so I decided to play a little on my guitar. I sang „Dusk till Dawn" which I wrote for Charlie. After that „Let him go" and „Stereo Hearts".
„Hey, sorry I couldn't help to overhear you. You sound amazing." Someone said.
„Oh, hi. Thanks. I assume you're Ben?"
„Yeah, I am. Did you write these songs for some people?" He asked.
„Yeah, ‚Dusk till dawn' and ‚Stereo hearts' are about Charlie and ‚Let him go' is about Cedric."
„Wow, Charlie is really lucky to have you."
„I am." Charlie said from behind and Ben turned around.
„Perfect, we've waited for you." Ben said.
„Why?" Charlie asked.
„Campfire..." Ben just said. „And if you want you can bring your guitar Y/n." Then he left.
„Ready?" Charlie asked me.
„Yep." I stood up and took my bag. Together we walked to the others at the campfire. We talked a lot and I got asked a lot of questions by Charlie's colleagues.
„Y/n play something, please." Louis said.
„Uh, sure. What do you want to hear?" I asked.
„Something about Charlie." Ben laughed and Charlie looked confused at us.
„Okay." I said and started playing ‚Stereo hearts'. When I ended Charlie still looked at me.
„You wrote that about me?" He asked quietly.
„Yeah." I said and he hugged me tightly and kissed me.
The next few days I got to know the others and soon I got an owl from the WWN.

Miss Lupin,
More and more people listen to your music and now a vinyl label would like to do a contract with you. It's called ‚EMI' and is in London. If you're interested please send them and message. It's a muggle label but you already said that you're good with them. The number is on a separate letter.
We wish you well
The WWN

I read it and couldn't believe it. I put the number on my phone and then waited for Charlie. After his shift, he came to our tent and saw me with my letter.
„Hey. What you did get there?" He asked and sat next to me. I just gave him the letter and then looked at me. „Who's the EMI?" He asked.
„Are you kidding? That's one of the biggest music records in England. They have the Beatles, Black Sabbath, Dean Martin and so many more famous artists." I explained.
„Wow, that sounds great. Did you text them by now?"
„No..."
„Why not, it's a huge chance."
„I just moved here and it would be mean if I'd leave again." I said.
„Do you want to do it? Just pretend you could do it and no one would care."
„Yeah, I want to do it."
„So do it. It's your life, go for it." He said.
„But what about..."
„You don't have to worry about what others think, okay? I'll be there for you and you have to live your life. Now text them." He said smiling.
„Thanks. I'll text them right now." I texted them and introduced myself and some days later I got an answer. They wanted to meet me there to introduce myself. I couldn't believe it and everyone was really happy for me. For the meeting, I'd live with Dad and Dora for a while.
Then the day came and I went to the studio. There I said who I was and was led into a cosy room. There was a man who introduced himself as Roger Lewis and we talked about the contract and further. I told him that I want to stay myself and that I want the money I make and they just get their part. Surprisingly they agreed and I read the contract before I signed it. They accepted all my wishes and I was happy about that. I stayed for a few days and England and then got back to Romania. I got really good along with Charlie's colleagues and loved it there. Sometimes I played gigs around Romania and brought some songs out. Charlie knew every single one and supported me. Sometimes I got Hate by people walking by but I tried to blend it out. Finally, I decided to write a song about it and called it 'According to you'. In this song I put some Hate I was told and then things Charlie said to me. A few weeks later I wrote 'You say' where I thanked Charlie for always believing in me. Also, my first vinyl came out and was a hit. Everyone seemed to like it and I couldn't believe it.