Our bad luck didn't ran out

Kate POV
It was finally our big day. I never would have said that one day, I would get married, not after my mother's death. I saw what love did to my dad, and I didn't want to feel that way, but that was before I met Castle. In the beginning, I wasn't sure what I thought about him. I loved his books, and I know he could be charming, but I thought that he was a self-centered jackass who wanted to feel some kind of thrill or just get into my pants. Now I could only say that I am glad that he will be the only man who will get into my pants. This man changed, and not only in my eyes. He also made me change. Time passed as i fell in love with him and the wall I have built for years is finally down.I can start a family with Rick, Alexis, Martha, and hopefully little Castle baby in a while. Everything was perfect, I was ready thanks to Lanie, the place looked amazing thanks to Martha and Alexis, and Rick was on his way with our marriage license. I was talking with Lanie while she was getting ready when Martha came to the room.
"Hi, sorry to interrupt." she said.
"Please, you are not interrupting, by the way those earrings are amazing." Lanie answered.
"Thank you. I actually came here because I wanted to say something, it's not exactly a good thing."
"Is everything OK? Are you alright." I asked nervously.
"I am good, thanks, but I can't say the same about priest's car. He said that someone must pick him up or he won't be able to come here." Martha answered. It wasn't a tragedy, but it wasn't planned, but why should I be surprised. Since the beginning, nothing was in our favor, but we are here, and I will do everything for this wedding to happen today.
"You got me worried for a second, I know it wasn't our plan, but it's OK. I am ready, I will just change my shoes and I can go." I answered calmly.
"Are you sure? I can pick him up?" Lanie answered.
"Lanie, you are my maid of honor, but you helped me enough, and you are not ready yet. You should stay and get ready yourself." I said.
"Maybe Richard can pick him up or someone else. You don't have to do it Kate, you should be preparing yourself." Martha said.
"Thank you, but I am already prepared. Rick should focus on getting here and preparing himself. You and Alexis had a celebrational champagne before, and my dad is greeting the guests. That leaves no options because I won't ask any of the guests to do it."
"Well, there still are Ryan and Espo, and they are best men, so they will be more than honored to do it." Lanie said.
"Yeah, but they have a rehearsal of their big best men show and they should help Castle when he arrives. Don't worry, I am too excited to run away. I can even take one of the squad cars that is here so I can put the lights on and come here as fast as possible with the priest." I said.
"You have a point." Martha said with a smile.
"Are you sure?" Lanie said.
"Yes, I am sure, I will be back in no time, and there still will be plenty of time to do a hair and makeup fixes if needed." I answered with a smile, getting ready to leave the room.
"Ok, but remember that those squad cars have GPS, and if you try to run, we will trace you in no time, and the whole homicide will be on your tail." Lanie laughed.
"I remember."
"Please be careful." Said Martha as I was on my way to Espo to grab his car keys. I wasn't joking. I will put that siren on if I have to. Nothing would ruin this day. At least I thought so.

____________________________
First chapter of once again new book. Sorry, I have so many ideas for new fanfiction, and I always start a new one, but I hope this year I will have more time and will to write those and finish some of them. I love Castle and I hope you will like it!