Black SUV

Kate POV
"Hey guys, are you in there?" I asked, knocking at the dors.
"Yo chicka, you look amazing. Castle is one lucky man. What's up?" Said Espo when he opened the door.
"I was wondering if you could borrow me your car?" I asked.
"Why do you need a squad car on your wedding? Don't say you want to arrest one of the guests?" Ryan said as he showed behind Espo. I saw him taking a look at me, and then a simple "wow" escaped from his lips.
"We have a small priest emergency. Taking your challenger seems reasonable." I answered.
"Don't you think that putting lights on will be a little excessive use of police resources?" Javi said half, laughing.
"I won't put them on unless I have to. Plus, with all the systems in the car, I won't be able to run away."
"Are you trying to run away?" Kevin asked.
"Never." I said.
"Good, are you sure we can't handle it?" Javi asked.
"You have to help Castle, I am ready, and it's not a hard task. I will be back in 30 minutes so long before the wedding begins."
"Come on, partner, give her the keys. Kate, we love you, and hell you deserve this, so put the damne lights on if you have to." Kevin said as his partner nodded and handed her the keys.
As soon as Kate entered the car, she connected her phone with the speakers because she couldn't wait for her future husband to call her and tell her that he had arrived.
She barely left when name of her husband to be appeared on the car screen.
"Hi, handsome, are you in the house?" I said as son as I pressed answer the call button.
"Hi, I'm here, but I heard that you ran away? Isn't it a little too soon?" He said.
"Well, I'm not running away. It's quite the opposite. I'm doing everything in my power for this wedding to happen. Our priest's car apparently broke down."
"I know, mother told me. Why didn't you call me? I would have picked him up."
"Well, the church is not on your way, and I wanted you to have time to get ready."
"What about you? Are you ready?"
"Castle, I have never been more ready for anything in my entire life. Marring you today is my dream come true."
"Well, I can't argue with you. Many people on my fan page write things like this." I just rolled my eyes on his answer.
"But honestly, Kate, you made me a better man. It's me who have been waiting on this day for my entire life. Ever since I saw you, I have been counting days to this day." My heart melted after hearing those words. Why do I feel like a teenager everytime we share our feelings.
"And how many days were that?"
"Who would have care. We are doing it today, and it's all that matters."
"You have right. I love you Rick."
"I love you too. How much time do you think you need?"
"Hmm?" I said because I didn't hear his question. Something else caught my attention, and it was black SUV behind me.
"I said that I love you too, and asked how much time do you need to get back here. Is everything OK?" He said with the concern.
"Yeah, sorry. It's just that this weird car has been behind me since I left home, but it's nothing. I'm probably overthinking. They probably see that it's a squad car, and they are afraid to pass me over. To answer your question, I should be back in 25 minutes."
"Ok, have someone let me know that you are back. I know that tradition says we can't see each other before the ceremony."
"I will. See you soon my husbandto be."
"See you soon, honey."
And with that, their call ended. Kate was still driving, thinking that the SUV driver was afraid that she would stop him after he passes her. Little did she know about who the driver is and what she is planning to do in the next following seconds. Everything went fast. The sound of metal hitting the metal, tire scratches, and gunshots.

____________________
Second chapter in less than 24 hours. Please tell me what do you think. Your comments really motivate me to keep going. Have a great 2023.