1.

··················・୨୧・··················

Teo came by my house to study for our project. He's doing these tricks with his pen, he does that a lot, especially when he's confused.

"are you okay?" I ask him.

he nods, "yeah, just a bit confused."

I pass him my notes, they always seem to help him. He flashes me that toothy grin he always does, and
squints his eyes. " thanks tay"

"what should we do this summer ? i'm so excited, can you believe school is already over ? this year went by so fast." i say, resting my chin on my hand as i look at him.

"it really did, and don't even bother thinking about what we should do. you know how it's gonna be! partying,hiking and obviously sleepovers " he answers, not looking up from our work.

i look out the window and i notice a moving truck pull up in front of the house across the street. i can see a couple stepping out of the vehicle and surveying their new surroundings.

" i think they're the new neighbours look" i pinch Teo so he pays attention.

" this project is gonna drive me insane, let's go outside and introduce ourselves!" i exclaimed, i put on my slippers and ran downstairs.

"Can you at least wait for me ??" i hear Teo complain upstairs, but i just ignored him.

i approach the couple and offer my assistance with carrying their boxes inside. They gratefully accept, and together we begin to move the boxes from the truck and into their new home. Teo joined us just in time.

As i work,  i try to make small talk and get to know each other. i  learn that they have two children, a son around my age and an older daughter . They're originally from a small town a few hours away and are excited to start their new lives in the city.

"that's amazing!" the parents smiled at us.

As i help them unpack, i notice that they have some beautiful artwork and decorations that catch my eye.
i ask them about it, and they tell me that they're both artists and love to decorate their home with their own creations. I was honestly amazed.

After i finish helping them unpack, i invite them over for a cup of coffee and to introduce them to my mom but they tell me that they're too busy because they have to bring the other stuff for the house and pick up their kids at school.

" we would gladly have a chat with your parents another time, i would've offered you something to eat but we don't have anything unfortunately, maybe another time."

we said goodbye, and teo and i came back at my house  and threw ourselves on the couch.
we just finished the day watching tv and eating junkfood.

TWO DAYS LATER: MASON'S POV
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

the new house is ready, Brooke and i are finally going to see it and move in definitely. we were now just looking and walking around our house as I listened to her telling me how excited she is. But no matter how hard i tried, all I could feel was frustration and sadness.

"this is the dumbest idea you guys ever had." i say, expressing how much i hate the idea of leaving our house, the memories we made here and the familiarity of our neighborhood. It was evident that the thought of packing up our belongings and starting over in a new place was overwhelming and
daunting to me.

"nonsense, you'll love it there i swear!" she answers with a big smile, i roll my eyes.

"i won't, you're so excited because you have so many friends there, you'll fit in just fine." i complain, the dread of having to say goodbye to my neighbors, friends, and school is destroying me! Despite the excitement of exploring a new area, the weight of leaving behind what i've known and loved for years was difficult to bear.

as my sister , she offered a listening ear and support, acknowledging that change can be hard, and reminding me that we will always carry the memories with us wherever we go. but i know that's not true, and i know i'm the only one here that cares about this stuff.

  "now come on, mom and dad are waiting for us in the car" she says, looking at me as she pat my back. i looks down to the hall one last time and sighed, following her.

the car trip was silent and the only thing we could hear was the faint music on the radio and brookes loud snoring. i put on my headphones and played my music to clear my head. i noticed my mum looking at me from the outside mirror and gave me a soft reassuring smile, i gave back a fake smile and looked away . i ended up falling asleep.

TIME SKIPS

as i slowly woke up, the first thing i noticed was the gentle swaying motion of the car. my head felt heavy, and my eyes struggled to focus as i tried to make sense of my surroundings. As the car continued down the winding road, the colors in the sky started to shift, blending together in a stunning display of oranges, pinks, and purples. i felt a sense of peace wash over me as i watched the world transform before my eyes.

i couldn't help but smile at the sheer beauty of it all. The way the sun sank lower and lower, painting the sky with a spectrum of colors, felt like a reminder that even in the darkest moments, there is still beauty to be found.

as the last sliver of sun disappeared below the horizon, i felt a sense of nostalgia wash over me. i may not know where i am headed, but i knew that whatever lay ahead, i was ready to face it.. i think.

we arrived and we parked in front of the beautiful house. when i got down i noticed a girl chasing a boy who had stolen was seems like to be her shoe since she was jumping on a foot trying to reach him. i chuckled and grabbed my stuff.

i can't lie, the house is amazing and my room is great, there are posters and a tv. i just layed down on my bed and fell asleep immediately, today was a hard day, i'll take care of tidying everything tomorrow.

_____________________

a/n: i'm so excited to start this story!