3.

··················・୨୧・··················
BACK TO TAYLORS POV

I feel really uncomfortable at the party. I don't know a lot of people here and I feel like I'm standing out. I'm really nervous and I don't know what to do. I keep looking around, hoping to see Teo or Brooke, but teo's still not here and Brooke is probably somewhere catching up with her friends. I'm starting to feel like I should just go home. The outfit i chose makes me feel overdressed, even though everyone else was wearing pretty much the same thing.

I went to the kitchen to fill my cup with some punch.
I've been trying to leave this crowded place for a while now, but it's so hard to move through the crowd. i got pushed and bumped into a guy, he spilled his drink all over my white top. I gasped because of the coldness and because my top was ruined. he didn't even notice what he was doing because he was too busy making out with someone else. I feel so embarrassed, and I just want to get out of here as fast as I can.

i need to wash this stain off my shirt a soon as possible. I hurry upstairs to find the washroom. I close the door behind me and remove my top. i used so much soap and hot water but no matter how hard i tried the red stain would not come off. I was really frustrated and upset, I threw the shirt in the sink as i tried not to have a breakdown. I was now topless with only a wet stained shirt sitting in the sink. i heard a knock on the door, which startled me. I quickly composed myself and put the wet shirt on, trying to ignore the horrible sticky cold feeling. I opened the door, hoping no one would notice.

The girl smiled and tried to get inside but i stopped her desperately,

"hey please, um do you know where brooke is ?"

"Oh yeah, i think i saw her get in her room right there."

She pointed the door at the end of the hallway. I hid my shirt with my hands and rushed to the door. But when i opened the door no one was there. I closed the door behind me and sat on the bed. i took my phone and texted teo. He didnt answer any of my texts, which means either his parents grounded him, or he's too lazy to come.

I sighed and looked around, brookes room is beautiful, even though it was halfway done. There were boxes everywhere .There was even a little balcony. I walked to it and opened the bay window but someone was already there, and they obviously noticed me.

"Oh sorry"

i was about to close the window and leave but he stopped me.

"Oh it's fine you can stay"

i looked at him and smiled. It was very pretty outside, the reflection of the purple leds and the faint music. There was two chairs facing the balcony with a little table between. I sat in a chair and noticed he was staring at my shirt, i looked down and noticed the mess. The shirt was wet, stained, and we could practically see my bra underneath. I was so embarrassed. He noticed i saw him staring and he looked away and stood up.

" are you comfortable in that? Let me get you something to cover up."

I felt really relieved that he was kind enough to do that, I indeed was feeling really cold and uncomfortable, he came back with the hoodie, and I thanked him , he turned around so I could change into the hoodie.

"Thank you"

We sat there in comfortable silence, watching the partygoers down below.

"Hey, I don't think we've properly introduced ourselves. My name is taylor. What's your name?"

He looked at me and smiled.

" i'm mason, and you're the neighbour my family keeps talking about." He says, I giggled.

"Oh really haha. Um, so why are you up here on the balcony instead of partying downstairs?" I ask, breaking the eye contact.

"I don't know, I guess I'm just not really in the mood to dance and drink tonight. I'd rather just hang out up here and enjoy the view. What about you?"

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm not really a big partier either. I was waiting for my friend but he never showed up and well, Someone spilled some punch on my shirt and had to come up here to wash it off but miserably failed."

We chuckled and he shook his head.

"So, tell me more about you, why did you guys move here ?" I asked.

"Hmm, it's a long story. It's mainly because of my sister." He mumbled. It was obvious he didn't want to talk about it.

" sorry, i didn't mean to make you uncomfortable"
I reassured

"Oh no its cool. I just.. i really miss home." He looks down to his cup. I felt bad.

"I understand." I comfort him.

"You do?" I sighed.

" I moved here 4 years ago. It was a big change for me, but I've grown to love this city."

"What brought you here?"

"Well, it's kind of a long story. My dad passed away a few years ago, and my mom and I decided to move here for a fresh start. It was really difficult at first, trying to fit in and make new friends, but I eventually found my place."

"I'm so sorry to hear that. That must have been really tough for you."

"Yeah, it was. I'm slowly healing. And honestly, moving here was one of the best decisions. I've met some amazing people and had some incredible experiences."

"That's really great to hear. I'm glad you're doing better now."

"Yea.. And hey, if you're ever feeling lonely or unsure about something, just remember that you can do it. If I can move here and fit in, anyone can, trust me"

"Thanks, taylor. I appreciate that."

Even though we weren't dancing or partying like everyone else, I felt like this moment was really special and I was glad to be sharing it with him.

Time skips 3AM.

"Well, I think I'm going to head out. It's getting pretty late" i say.

"Yeah, i'm getting sleepy. It was really nice talking with you tonight, Taylor. I had a great time."

"Same here. Thanks for keeping me company up here." I put my hands in the hoodies pocket.

"Of course. And hey, if you ever want to hang out again, just let me know.. i wouldn't mind the company!" He adds.

"Absolutely! I'd love to show you some of my favorite spots around the city." I say with a smile

"That sounds amazing. I'd love that."

"Great. Well, have a good night, Mason"

"You too, Taylor. Good night."

As I walked home from the party, I couldn't help but feel a huge smile spread across my face. I was wearing his hoodie, and it made me feel warm and comfortable. It was a little big on me, but I loved the way it smelled like him. I couldn't wait to see him again and hang out more.