6

··················・୨୧・··················

I had been sleeping peacefully on the couch, my dreams taking me to far-off lands and magical places. But suddenly, I felt myself rolling over, and the next thing I knew, I was tumbling off the couch and onto the floor! I was disoriented and groggy, and it took me a few moments to realize what had happened. When I finally got my bearings, I rubbed my sore backside and looked around the room, feeling a little confused. I had been sleeping so soundly that I hadn't even realized I was on the edge of the couch. But now i was wide awake and feeling a little shaken up.

I check the time, it's 4 am. I look over at the boys in the bed to see if i had woken them up. I couldn't really see because it was really dark. I tried to climb up the couch but it was no use. i was too tired and sore to climb up. I eventually gave up and decided to sit on the floor,

I looked for my phone but a voice stopped me.

"Taylor ?"

I flinched, and tried to identify who it was, i saw the silhouette of mason standing and looking at me. What? I didn't even see him get up. I tried to stand up,

"Mason ? What are you doing awake" i whispered.

"Well you made a pretty loud noise falling off the couch, are you okay? " He giggled and grabbed my hand to help me get up.

" yea, sorry for waking you up." I say, and look away, scratching my arm.

"It's fine, don't worry." He says, with a light smile.

I noticed how pretty he looked in the dim light. The little bit of lighting that reflected off his face made his features stand out in a way that i hadn't noticed before. I found myself staring at him.

he looked at me intensely, i felt a tension building between us. I couldn't help but notice how good he looked with his hair messed up and in his tank top and pajamas. I tried to brush it off.. But, when i saw him looking down at me with such tired eyes, it made a  shiver run down my spine.

" taylor ?" he whispered. It made me snap back into reality and i realised what just happened. I looked at him ,

" you should take the bed, obviously the couch is not the best solution" he says, smiling with his eyes, which was the cutest thing. I chuckled, my heart beating faster. What was happening to me?

" oh i don't mind, just take the bed i- i was —- i'm going to the bathroom." I stutter, and leave in a hurry.

In the bathroom, i washed my face. I was wide awake and knew i wasn't going to fall asleep again and going back to the room is pointless. I didn't know what to do,but i remembered i am in a literal beach house! So i left the bathroom, grabbed my phone and put on my slides. I left from the backdoor but someone grabbed my arm lightly.

"Wait, i can't sleep either." Mason says,

I smiled and we left. We found a spot on the sand and sat down to watch the sun rise. The sky was painted in shades of pink, purple and orange, and the sound of the waves was soothing. We sat in silence, enjoying the moment and each other's company. It was a beautiful morning, and I felt grateful to be there. with him?

I could feel him looking over at me, but I tried to ignore it and enjoy the peaceful moment. Suddenly, he broke the silence and asked me something. I turned to him feeling a little surprised that he had initiated the conversation.