000| 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝙰𝚐𝚘

(Long chapter, feel free to skim through it.)

It was such a long time ago. So many years had gone by since then, and yet you remembered it like it was yesterday. It was always at the front of your mind, such a happy memory. You were young enough to think that your happiness would never end.

Young enough to not realize that it was just the calm before the storm.

Year, 834
Shiganshina District

The sound of laughter filled the air as you ran to your hearts content, your little legs taking you as fast as you could go. A smile on your face as you chased a child you knew around the clothes lines.

The two of you were playing in a grassy backyard, a clothesline with your mother's hanging their clothes up nearby. Your mother's friend, Maria, was kind enough to let your family hang their clothes here, especially when you kept her son company.

A high pitched scream escaped the little boy's mouth as he looked back and saw that you were getting closer. He giggled and kept running toward the field of grass.

With one last push and a grin on your face your small hand pushed up against the little boy's back. "Got you!!" You screamed.

The two of you stopped running and the boy turned around. "You cheated!" He screamed. "Girls aren't supposed to catch boys!"

"Well, you're the one who wanted me to be IT!" You yelled back, saying the last word more forcefully.

An angry pout formed on the boy's face, tears pricked his eyes. "MOM!" He ran towards his mother, throwing himself in her skirts.

Maria; still in the process of hanging up a wet shirt, glanced down at the boy. "Yes, Leo?" She was quite used to her son acting like this.

He sniffed taking his face out of her skirt before looking up at her. "Sh-She," he stuttered.

"Use your words, honey," she coaxed.

"Y/N'S NOT PLAYING FAIR!!" He whined.

Maria sighed before casting an embarrassed glance at your mother. Adelyn only laughed in reply, she looked to you holding out her hand in a beckoning manner.

With a smile you ran over to her immediately clutching her hand. "Why don't you help me with the laundry?" She whispered. "Five years old is old enough to help your mother out, right?"

You nodded fiercely, eager to help.

Maria crouched down next to Leo. She patted the little boy's head before giving him a stern look. "Is Y/n not playing fair? Or did you lose?"

Leo looked away in shame. "I wouldn't have lost if Y/n wasn't cheating," he grumbled.

Maria clicked her tongue. "Go apologize, to Y/n, you shouldn't be treating a young lady like that," She scolded.

Leo folded his arms in a pout. "I don't wanna," He refused.

Maria stood up in a huff, turning back to her clothes, "If that's what you want."

Leo stopped pouting.

"But, y'know Leo, only gentleman get dessert," she said.

Leo gave his mother a confused look. "I am a gentleman, Mom."

Maria raised an eyebrow. "Really? Because gentlemen apologize when they've done something bad. Like being mean to their friends."

Leo's face paled, realizing what his mother meant. He slowly turned to you, "I'm sorry, Y/n. Girls can catch boys."