107| 𝙻𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚠

Year, 850
Wall Sina Military Base
Premier Zackely's Office

~✵~

"Hey, snap out of it." Someone was snapping their fingers in your face. There was a stern voice on the brink of yelling. "Wall Maria, remember?"

You jolted out of your daze, eyes looking up to see the familiar figure of Levi. Crap. Right, you were in the Wall Sina Military Base, waiting for Erwin to finish debriefing Premier Zackley.

"I'm fine," you replied, shoving his hand away. "Just---thinking."

The battle hadn't been as bad as the Fall, but it did come with its fair share of traumas. The reminder of how fragile and at-risk humanity was felt like a slap to the face now that you were finally processing it. The cleanup took a full day. So many soldiers died. It may have been a victory for humanity, but there were too many deaths to celebrate.

"About what?" Levi prodded.

You fought back the urge to sigh, he really loved asking questions you did not want to answer.

". . ." You paused, contemplating. "I don't know. Just--Eren."

Levi raised an eyebrow.

"He's just a kid," you explained. "They're all just kids, and we--we put them on the front lines."

After the gate was closed up, the military used the wall cannons to take out as many of the remaining Titans as possible. After that the Scouts were deployed to cut down the remaining ones. Though you were disappointed not a single Titan even got close enough to snatch you up, the countless bodies of mangled teens in cadet uniforms outshined that feeling.

"Eren? So that's the Titan brats name," Levi hummed, glancing down the large court hallway at a few higher ups passing by.

When his eyes went back to you, you immediately diverted your gaze.

"Yeah, he's all anyone's talking about now," you muttered.

Before Levi could reply, the door across the hallway finally opened up, revealing a stern looking Erwin.

"We done here?" Levi asked, pushing himself off the wall and walking towards the commander.

Erwin nodded, "We have ten minutes with the Yeager boy, that should be enough time."

The two of them began to walk down the hallway in the direction of the dungeons where Eren was being held, but you found yourself glued to the bench. Erwin seemed to realize this when he stopped walking, turning around to look at you.

"Y/n?" He inquired; eyebrows furrowed. "Everything alright?"

How was that even a question anymore? When was the last time you had even felt alright?

"I'll wait in the carriage," you yawned, standing up and stretching. "Maybe take a nap, I think I've had enough of traumatized teens for one day."

Without another word you turned the opposite direction, Levi watched you walk away with a blank stare

"Says the original traumatized teen," he drawled, sarcastically.

You waved a hand over your head in dismissal, "Exactly, too many of us in a room and I fear that all the bashing your head against the wall will eventually kill you."

~✵~

You didn't think the nap idea through. It took you a matter of seconds to pass out on the carriage seat, and it would've been a great nap, if you weren't you were kicked awake only 10 minutes later.