Chapter One

Ridiculous.
Absolutely absurd.
This is the only way I can describe the predicament I've now landed myself in. But, yet again, it is my fault. I should of known better. Nobody's wanted to be my friend, let alone anything more than that, why would that change now?
About a month ago, a boy from RavenClaw came up to me and asked me out to dinner at the Three Broomsticks. He seemed genuinely interested in me, and got to know me decently. Nothing too deep, like my parents, or my life outside school or anything along those lines. It wasn't until today that I discovered the truth.
Today, just like the past few Saturday afternoons. I find myself about to enter his dorm room. Picking him up to head out into the village. I come to a stop when I overhear two other voices in there with him. I rest against the stone wall, waiting for his friends to head out so that the two of us can go.

"I can't believe you haven't gotten in bed with her yet."
Speaks one of the two boys.
"She's nothing but a prude. We haven't even kissed yet. But, you have to remember, you two did dare me to do this. I only agreed for the easy access."
Says my so called partner.
"Well yea. We wanted to see if the freak was actually 'freaky' if you catch my drift." Says the third.

At this point, I've heard more than enough. My first thought was to barge in, yell at him for being so cruel. I decided against that. My second thought was to walk away and leave it alone, ignore him and go about my life like I did before. My third and final thought was to knock on the door and call everything off. As if I'm being casual about everything. He wouldn't be able to know the difference anyway.

"Doors open." He shouted when he heard the thuds.
I push the door open, glancing at the obvious guilt on their faces.
"Oh, Hi Rin. I'll be ready in a moment. We were just talking about a school assignment." Says my 'partner.'
"No need. Something came up. Don't worry about it." I reply cooly. Taking in the confusion that's now written on his face.

Without another word, I turn away, heading back down the hall. I'm pulled to an abrupt stop when he grips onto my elbow.

"Is everything okay? You've never canceled before?" He questioned, putting on a concerned look.
"Everything's fine. The 'freak' has something important to attend too. Family matter."
I reply. His eyes widen, realizing that he was caught. His arm drops, allowing me to be able to walk away.

I didn't look back, but I could pick up on the discomfort that he was emitting. Of course, I don't actually have anything to take care of today, but I wasn't about to walk around with someone who considers me the butt of a joke.
I was bullied from the moment I walked through the front doors of this school, for reasons unknown. Once the accident happened during my third year, which resulted in me having to wear an eye patch 24/7, it picked up. I'd have students corner me, trying to rip it from my face to see what happened to the oddity child.
The other students were smart about it, timing it and peeping around corners and bolting before a Professor could appear and end it. I dealt with it, I never spoke to anyone about it. I preferred to pretend it wasn't happening so I could focus on my school work and graduate. Most people would say that's a stupid idea and how I should involve a trusted adult. I don't have one of those either, so there would be no point anyway.
I managed to creep throughout the corridors until I made it to the common room of my house. Many people love to make claims that the Slytherin's were always mean, but I'd never been picked one by someone of my House. It was the others.
Only two people have said hello to me on occasion, or would shoo away the bullies in the halls. One being the platinum blonde known as Draco Malfoy. The other, is Blaise Zabini.
I slide through the corridor to my dorm with ease, not having to move out of the others way as they walked the same way. They'd simply wait for me to pass. Back inside my single use dorm, I change out of my Hogwarts sweater and into my going out clothes. A simple pair of jeans and a black top. Even though I don't have anyone to go with, I'd rather go to Hogsmeade than be stuck inside much longer. It's the first cool weekend of this month. I don't plan on missing that.
Outside felt just how I'd hope. The sun beating down on me, giving me a soft and mellow warmth. The early winter breeze barely there but just strong enough to not need any heavier clothing.
The walk to the village was quiet, for the most part. There were some students behind me, wanting to hurry up and get to the village in time for dinner, while others were heading back to school. The gravel and dirt crunched beneath my feet with every step, a calming sound. One that reminds me that I'm going out, getting away from the harshness of work.
After I walked around the shops, and bought a few things. I went into the Three Broomsticks, gave my order to the elderly witch behind the counter, and handed her my money. I always request for my food to be packed away so I can take it back to my room to eat. I enjoy looking out into the Dark Lake than listen to the many conversations inside this room. I rested patiently against the wooden counter as I waited for my meal.
At this point in time, Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape entered, coming towards the bar closest to where I currently stand.