𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

The rest of the ride was pleasant, and haru grew sleepy and so did y/n as tiredness overcame them both. Ryusei, however, never left his focus to the road and didn't feel like tired just yet but technically, he was alone with his thoughts the entire way despite the presence of the two siblings.

He did have doubts about those unusual stimulating stares of hers a short time ago. Sure he understands what it feels like to lose a friend and that, he can't blame her. But looking back to her odd behavior unsettled him within as if there was something else  between her.

Lost in thoughts, ryusei quickly shrugged it off and cooled himself down by thinking as some random weird feeling. Though he needed a bit of convincing but figured y/n didn't seem to have any known involvement in crime and that, she's just an ordinary girl with grumpy attitude that were beyond his understanding.

Ryusei nodded to himself at this and bobbed his head on the side mirror to look at the girl, searching her face for some indication of concern. But his expression softened up soon enough when he saw her tired state with puffiness and dark circles under her eyes without her noticing.

Unconsciously, y/n was about to doze off to sleep until ryusei interrupted her in middle. "you can just lie down on my back if you're really that tired.." making her raise her head up and look at him through the side mirror, presently meeting his concerning gaze.

A sweat trickled down her face as she stared fixedly at him with brows furrowed, "...you don't mind...?" while trying to keep her cool despite the exhaustion all over her.

"if it's with you, then why not?♡~"

"n-no, i mean you don't mind us getting lost in a place far from our way back home? I don't remember i informed you about our whereabouts."

"OH SHIT, MAKES SENSE! gosh, silly me~" ryusei exclaimed, still in a playful manner of course.

With the deadass look still on display ever since she heard his blabber mouth, a frustrated sigh escaped past her lips, "as expected, you're a huge idiot. can't deal my tiredness with you." as she looked away. Her day had already been disrupted enough by his absurdity.

"please drop us at xxxxx street."

"noted, mademoiselle.♡"

"...mademoiselle?"

"you heard me."

"now, what are you trying to pull?"

"does that sound bad?"

"no but, why's that  out of all the names...?"

"ooh, so you don't like it. well, if it's under your preferences then let's change it! how about g.f.o.a.t (greatest friend of all time)? or bestie? bff? buddy? princess? love? darling? bab–"

"alright, no need to cross the line." y/n interrupted him in middle, "but i'm fine with-"

"m'lady?"

"I–...WHA–"

"awright that settles it, m'lady~" unfortunately, ryusei smirked with a straightforward response while y/n was looking at him with an 'are you being serious right neow' face after his cringy attempt of flirting, and felt more embarrassed by hearing the callsign.

"...aren't you embarrassed? that's so fucking cringe to be honest."

"cringe my ass, your face is basically a tomato."