xxɪɪ. nothing is that serious

TWENTY-TWO‧₊˚

nothing is that serious

"so quiet, Mar"

ੈ✩‧₊˚

The next morning was anything but bland. I had woken up to a fire alarm, and it seemed like everyone else had too. Besides, of course, the culprit.

I stepped into the kitchen, seeing Mason holding a pan of what used to be food, now just being a big black blob of something. Before I could help him with that though, I tried to reach on the wall to get the fire alarm off. He saw I couldn't reach, and immediately stepped in to help.

The taller boy set the hot pan into my hands to help turn the alarm off.

"Mason!" I shout, and he quickly realizes his mistake, taking it by the handle immediately. Shaking my hands around frantically, I start spitting out curse words. Brady took the fire alarm off the wall now, moving it around in an attempt to make it stop.

"Holy shit are you okay!" Mason yells, flipping over my hands to look at the burns.

"No Mason, no!" I yell back, before being guided to the sink by Tristan. He turned on the cold water, making me run my hands under it. It helped a good bit, until I moved my hand away and felt the terrible burning sensation again.

"At least it's not too bad of a burn right?" Brady asks, Tristan agreeing for me as I complained.

"You got a first aid kit somewhere?" Tristan asks him, only to be cut off by Miguel.

"Found it" The boy says, holding it up in the air before setting it on the counter to dig through the supplies. He got out a few things, as if he already knew exactly what to do in this situation. Miguel motioned for me to come to his room, which did seem a little strange.

I didn't mind it though, since my eyes were starting to water in front of everyone from the pain. Not saying that crying in front of him is better, but at least it was more private.

I sit across from him on the bed, holding out my hands for him to inspect. He brought out this spray bottle of some sort, apparently meant to take away some of the pain. The boy didn't have to check the names on items, already knowing what would be used for what.

"So quiet, Mar" Miguel spoke softly, bringing out a roll of fabric from the kit. Eventually, I stopped focusing on his gentle work, shifting my eyes to stare at him instead. He looked so concentrated, as if he was in his own little world.

"You must have experience, huh?" I ask him with a shaky voice, taking a deep breath in between my sentence. He laughs softly, smiling to himself at my comment.