Chapter One

TZELIA. (ZA- LEE- AH)

The beautiful waves of the ocean crashing over each other makes me feel at peace. I take a second to admire the beauty of it and feel the warmth of the water on my skin. I stare down at the purple
shell-like necklace resting on my chest. It was my mother's necklace. Her name was Sutula. Her and my father passed away when I was just a baby. I don't know much about him though. I wish I was able to meet them. A smile grows on my face from just the thought of it. I am grateful that Sutula's sister Ronal took me in as her own. I grew up being apart of her family. Even though she's basically my aunt, I believe and call her my mother. Just as her husband is like my father.

Their children, my brother and sister, are close in age with me. I'm the same age as my brother Aonung, expect when asked our ages he loves to address that he's two months older than me. Our sister Tsireya is one year younger then us. Surprisingly, they're not bugging me today like they usually do.

Moving into a floating position on my back and closing my eyes, I begin to relax. I finally got a break from the expectations of becoming a leader and setting an example for others. But unfortunately, I know it's not gonna last long.

Not even a minute later, I hear quiet giggles from both sides of my ears. I flick my ears back wondering what it is. The giggles started to grow louder. I opened my eyes fast, seeing Aonung and Tsireya stare down at me with big grins on their faces. I start to laugh at them, as their faces were so close to mine.

"Go away." I say. My brother and sister never leave me alone.

"We just came to see what you're up to." Aonung says with a laugh. "Yeah and even if we did go away, you know you'd miss us!" Tsireya said after.

They act like they're five years old sometimes. I roll my eyes. Looking past their big heads, I glance at the sky. That's when I see four ikran flying towards our community. I immediately float upright, treading the water. I almost bump heads with Aonung and Tsireya.

Tsireya and Aonung back up and watch the Navi on the ikran land on shore. "We don't usually have visitors from other clans, right?" Tsireya says confused. We all look at each other worryingly and begin to swim to shore in unison.

Everyone in our clan surrounds the newcomers. As I walk out of the water and flip my hair out of my face, I see a family of six. Their skin is a deep blue colour. They have lean bodies, skinny tails, and bright yellow eyes. They look different from us. As we have light blue skin, wide tails, bigger hands and forearms, and blue eyes.

The newcomers look beautiful. I notice a older woman and man, I'm guessing they're the parents. I glance over and see their four children. There's a little girl clinging onto the father, There was a teenage girl, and two teenage boys. One was taller than the other, he must be the eldest son. The girl and boys looked around my age.

My eyes became fixated on the older one with a omatikaya cummerbund. He looks at me and we make eye contact. But I look away trying not to be distracted by this boy I didn't even know.

"Their tails are too small. How are they supposed to swim?" My brother's friend, Roxto says.

"Shut up." I say to him.

Suddenly, my father appears and everyone moves to the side. I watch as my father walks to shore to talk to these newcomers.

"I see you" The man says.
"I see you, Jake Sully." My father says in return.

I guess that's the fathers name. My mother joins the crowd. Jake Sully greets her, as well as the rest of the family.

"Why do you come to us, Jake Sully." My dad, Tonowari said.

"We seek sanctuary for my family." Jake says.

My mother gets skeptical and begins to analyze them. She walks around each and every one of them, grabs their tails and looks at their arms. Randomly, she grabbed the teenage girl's hand.

"These children aren't even true Na'vi." My mom says.

"Yes, we are." The girl says annoyed.

Jake Sully defends his children showing that he also doesn't have 4 fingers. My parents seem like they want to turn them down. But the woman begins to talk.

"My husband was Toruk Makto. He lead the clans to victory against the sky people." The woman said.

Our clan has heard stories about Toruk Makto. Seeing him in person seems surreal. However, my parents don't care.
They start to argue for a long time. Surprisingly, the decision was made, Jake Sully and his family are going to stay with us.

"My son, Aonung. My daughter, Tzelia. And my youngest daughter, Tsireya. They will show your children what to do." Our father says.

My brother begins to throw a tantrum. I look over and my sister has a completely different reaction. A huge smile is plastered on her face. If I didn't know any better, I wouldn't have noticed the way she was looking at the shorter boy.

"Come, I will show you our village." Tsireya said to the family with a big smile.

For some reason I was feeling as excited as she was. But I still put a small smile on my face. Tsireya began to walk, I follow her as she gives them a tour of our village and where they'll be staying.

I got to know them while we showed them around. The man was Jake Sully, who once was Toruk Makto. The woman was Neytiri, the eldest son with the omatikaya cummerbund was Neteyam, the youngest son was Lo'ak, the teenager daughter was Kiri, and the youngest little daughter was Tuk.

The family started to settle in. The day was still young. The sun just beginning to fall. The sky was orange and red. Sitting on the deck, I admired it. I was ready for this long day to be over.

....

That's it for chapter one, I hope y'all liked it!!